The Chainlink

Heya folks,

TC was kind enough to give me an unused pair of goggles to try last winter, but unfortunately I don't do well with any sort of shaded lens. I just odered a few clear-lens cheapos to give them a try (a $20 Bolle and an $8 no-name that's shipping from Hong Kong). I received the Bolles and they're actually pretty nice for the money, but they do detract from my peripheral vision a bit and that makes me nervous (already a bit tough to turn my head far due to an old injury).

Does anyone know if there are goggles designed for another sport that do better in the periphery department?  Thanks.

Views: 1277

Replies to This Discussion

Skydiving goggles led me to this site which led me to this product-- holy cow, these are cool ($11.50???):

http://www.kroopsgoggles.com/_product_38625/Oregon_Cycling_Goggle_%...

You may have just started a run on the Kroop's warehouse.

H3N3 said:

Skydiving goggles led me to this site which led me to this product-- holy cow, these are cool ($11.50???):

http://www.kroopsgoggles.com/_product_38625/Oregon_Cycling_Goggle_%...

go find a pair of Snowboarding goggles. Great peripheral vision and designed to be lightweight, windproof, and work well in snowy conditions. Plus they block that area around the eyes which is beginning to blister and hurt.

I just ordered skydiving and bicycling goggles. We'll see if they're any good for winter riding.


My Google-foo turned up this: JTD062010

 
For an extra 10% off.

 

jason tinkey said:

You may have just started a run on the Kroop's warehouse.

H3N3 said:

Skydiving goggles led me to this site which led me to this product-- holy cow, these are cool ($11.50???):

http://www.kroopsgoggles.com/_product_38625/Oregon_Cycling_Goggle_%...

ive tried skydiving goggles for skiing before.  worst idea ever.

 

last year i used a pair of Bolle sharks ($25 at rei).  they were so good, that winston ate em on me.  i bought another pair at a ski lodge in galena a few weeks ago, again $25. this time with the yellow lense. much better than the red i had.  good deal, good product, decent peripheral (tho expect some limitation).

I asked at REI but they said they didn't have anything with clear lenses . . .

Looking at images of the Sharks,

 

they don't look much different from the ones I bought in terms of surround.

 

 

 

 

 

In case I didn't say it clearly enough:

These are cool:

 

 

 

Ooooh! Those are cool!


H3N3 said:

In case I didn't say it clearly enough:

These are cool:

 

 

 

I bought myself a pair of Aviators two weeks back, and I'm finding that their large coverage area is good for winter biking.  No peripheral vision issues either.  But only good during daylight hours.  

Look for Motocross goggles, they look and fit like ski goggles, but have clear lenses. They also tend to be a little cheaper more reasons that I fail to understand.


H3N3 said:

I asked at REI but they said they didn't have anything with clear lenses . . .

Looking at images of the Sharks,

 

they don't look much different from the ones I bought in terms of surround.

 

 

 

 

 

I've had it with icicle eyelashes and just bought me sum!

H3N3 said:

In case I didn't say it clearly enough:

These are cool:

 

 

 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service