The Chainlink

hi! my name is jill nerkowski. Ive just invented a weatherproof canopy, and am trying to sell design plans to build your own on your own bike at your own home. please see my website at jillnerkowski.weebly.com
I just joined chain link and love it because the weather matches what I tried to cover and ride in here. its a tuff life riding in the snow and rain. I dreamed for years of a greenhouse surrounding me while I rode ,and finally this year after building a frame for a motorcycle like windshield with a canopy.
I see alot of posts other websites of rainriding, and suggestion for things like plastic bags and elastics for the feet, and and expensive rain gear, and wool sweaters, and these are all good and fine, but wont somone please try my rain canopy?
a good incentive, when I tested it with ordianary plastic dotn nkwo how vinly comapres, the inside canopy reaches temperatures from 4 to 15 degrees warmer temperatures than the outside of the canopy, and even can be 4.
I would like to hear peoples opinions and comments about this rain canopy of mine, and another incentive, to anyone who mentions theyre from chain link, I will reduce the price to 10.00 for each design plan ordered, plus shipping.

Views: 2605

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Aaaaahhhh.....totally absurd arguments.....now we're getting someplace.....
hi jill,

i'm glad to hear you are continuing to work on the design, but it looks like your website is down.. i'm seeing a 403 Forbidden message
anyone else notice that jill posted some new photos? at least with these you get to see some detail

Jill,

Many have addressed the wind issue. So let me talk about visibility. When I ride in city traffic, I need to aggressively interact with traffic. For instance, I focus on my peripheral vision, and I often touch my chin to my shoulder so that I can look as far behind me as I possibly can for cars. I think this canopy would seriously obstruct my interaction with the cars around me. And, though I don't know the conditions in your town in Connecticut, if you are riding passively in an obstructive bubble, I'm guessing that you are creating a danger for yourself and others.

Second, Chainlinkers, it seems that Jill's first language is not English, and people were harsh on her grammar. I wouldn't see it as a clue that she's a scammer. But Jill, you should proofread your writings as best as you're able, which I think you've started doing.

Lastly, Jill, I just invited my friend Sandy to join Chainlink, and the FIRST thing she gets smacked with is a phony email from you seeking "new friends" ...to sell something to. I don't appreciate that. Maybe you were being timid, but it also seems manipulative to find the newest person you can locate to hit up with your shpeal, like a jahovah's witness ringing the bell of the newest neighbor while they're still unpacking their boxes.

Anyway, Chicago is the "windy city", in case you haven't heard. I'm going to ask my friend, who owns a bike shop on a very rainy town on Vancouver Island that is full of retirees who probably ride slowly and don't like to get wet, to look over this thread and give feedback on your canopy.

And, I think you should come up with a catchy name for your invention. Maybe some chainlinkers can help. :-)

Rachel
Reply by Matt M. on February 27, 2009 at 11:32pm
Good discussion. I still think it's a waste of money from my perspective. Casual bikers and beginners already seem to appreciate the...ahem....already developed "Veltop" device. Looks like a terrible investment due to Chicago's notorious wind and the fact that the rider is still exposed to the elements. Drag and added weight are still a factor. I don't have time to elaborate further.

http://www.veltop.eu/index.php?produit_veltop_en

Please put more focus into building a better and cheaper velomobile instead.

Rachel said:
Jill,

Many have addressed the wind issue. So let me talk about visibility. When I ride in city traffic, I need to aggressively interact with traffic. For instance, I focus on my peripheral vision, and I often touch my chin to my shoulder so that I can look as far behind me as I possibly can for cars. I think this canopy would seriously obstruct my interaction with the cars around me. And, though I don't know the conditions in your town in Connecticut, if you are riding passively in an obstructive bubble, I'm guessing that you are creating a danger for yourself and others.

Second, Chainlinkers, it seems that Jill's first language is not English, and people were harsh on her grammar. I wouldn't see it as a clue that she's a scammer. But Jill, you should proofread your writings as best as you're able, which I think you've started doing.

Lastly, Jill, I just invited my friend Sandy to join Chainlink, and the FIRST thing she gets smacked with is a phony email from you seeking "new friends" ...to sell something to. I don't appreciate that. Maybe you were being timid, but it also seems manipulative to find the newest person you can locate to hit up with your shpeal, like a jahovah's witness ringing the bell of the newest neighbor while they're still unpacking their boxes.

Anyway, Chicago is the "windy city", in case you haven't heard. I'm going to ask my friend, who owns a bike shop on a very rainy town on Vancouver Island that is full of retirees who probably ride slowly and don't like to get wet, to look over this thread and give feedback on your canopy.

And, I think you should come up with a catchy name for your invention. Maybe some chainlinkers can help. :-)

Rachel
Coming in late, but that's a neat invention Jill.

Keep up the good work and good luck in your efforts. I could see this being very useful on a Dutch-style bike if you could get ventilation worked out so there was no buildup of steam inside it (maybe a tent-style venting at the top with a dual layer where one permits venting).

My bike-shop friend sent me this info The Hands Free Cockpit Umbrella by Hammacher Shlemmer.

This patent-pending device completely protects your head and shoulders from wind, rain, and snow--and, unlike an umbrella--leaves both hands free, allowing you to participate in your favorite outdoor activities regardless of weather conditions. The lightweight aluminum alloy cockpit balances comfortably on your shoulders, or can be secured by two additional padded straps for a more confident fit. The canopy is 0.15mm thick clear thermoplastic polyurethane in the front that protects you from harsh weather and provides complete visibility, while the rear is 600 x 400 thread count waterproof, breathable nylon fabric that permits air to circulate to prevent fogging. Because its aerodynamic shape causes wind to flow over and around the canopy, i t will not turn inside out in strong gusts like an umbrella, and easily withstood winds up to 50 mph in tests. Only 4" wide when folded, a composite handle with rubber grip pops open the cockpit at the push of a button. A built-in pouch stores the shoulder straps when not in use. Comes with a carrying case. 2 1/2" H x 4" W x 27" L. (2 1/2 lbs.)

Item 75302 ................... $59.95
I still like Jill's idea better as it permits 360-degree mobility without issue. The other device would be very easy to carry, however, in a bag. Nice find Rachel.
here's an interesting article I found through google image search

Jill,

Thanks alot for your post and your message about my friend Sandy. You're certainly doing alot of impressive research! Is your town near Bridgeport? I have family near there.

Rachel
Oh great, this thread is resurrected.

Chixie, can I use that shovel of yours for a minute? (When we thought it couldn't go lower...)

chixieonfixie said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service