The Chainlink

If this is has been posted on TheChainLink, I'm sorry for the repost. I just thought this was interesting and relevant to the site.

The Invisible Bicycle Helmet | Fredrik Gertten from Focus Forward Films on Vimeo.

I did a quick site search of "The Invisible Bicycle Helmet" and didn't get any hits...so I thought I'd share this.

Views: 186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool! I have seen the helmet before, but don't remember seeing the "making of" video.

Here's another video on it that details how the helmet works and whether it's catching on. :-)

I'll buy that!

I was going to observe that it seems like you're just trading a sweaty cranium for a sweaty neck. And nitpick that it's not really all that invisible.

But: I use an automatic personal flotation device, or PFD ("life preserver"), when I'm fishing in my boat. Unlike the traditional, bulky PFDs I used to wear, the "SOSpenders" are light and comfortable enough so that I sometimes forget I have it on. It's always on me when I pull away from the dock; previously, I'd only wear a PFD when the lake was crowded or in choppy water.

So maybe this "Less-Visible Helmet" is worth a try. I'd like mine in blaze orange, please.

BTW, nice job, Naperville Rotary Ride organizers!

Bicycles just aren't dangerous enough to merit such a technological monstrosity -or at least they wouldn't be if car drivers didn't suck so much and would stop running us over.  

Why not just ban cars -or at least slow them down to bicycle-speeds...

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service