The Chainlink

Just sort of an FYI . . .

Last year I contacted North Coast Festival and offered to line up/organize bike parking volunteers.  I enjoyed the hell out of the festival and am glad it's happening again, but did not reach out to them in regard to bike parking this year (it turned out to be a very different crowd than Pitchfork and I'd say something like 1/5 as many attendees come by bike than for Pitchfork, despite what appeared to be near-capacity attendance.)

I just thought I'd check their volunteer page to reach out and see what their needs are, and discovered they have a crazy-complicated process this year involving an application/resume submission process, application fee by money order, and a $50 deposit:

http://www.northcoastfestival.com/get-involved/volunteer/

I did catch wind that there were lots of problems with volunteers gaming the system last year (volunteering to get in and then sort of disappearing . . . kids these days . . .) and understand the need for a little more structure, but this is a bit . . . extreme.  Hope they don't come up way short on volunteers.

Anyways, I wanted to let people know what the status is, and what they need to do if they want to volunteer again this year . . .

Views: 226

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Genaro-- sorry for any misunderstanding-- please re-read my initial post.

I have not had any contact with them.  Was going to see about volunteering but I'm not going to pay (and beg) to do so.  Will probably just buy entry for Saturday.

I was looking @ that yesterday. I was disappointed about the application fee and then figured I'd wait to see what would be announced on here about bike valet. Thanks for the info and sad it isn't going to happen again this year. Hope they get what they need.
I will be volunteering with the reader at northcoast. Ginny who was the Reader liaison for the bike village parking at pitchfork contacted me about working the reader booth at the fest. Not sure if she needs any more people, but I will shoot her an email to find out

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service