The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138531

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. Loved the tailwind on LFP.

BTW, nice patch work South of Fullerton, VERY rideable now.

This morning crews are working on areas between North Ave and Oak.

First time in weeks that I actually had a tailwind! Yay! Of course, I will be fighting it coming back home, but I can live with that. Maybe I'll take the path sometime this week and check it out as Lincoln is still littered with debris. Chilly today, but not too bad at all.
I did happen to notice a healthy influx of additional riders due to the decent pre-spring weather. I have also noticed the lack of cyclist road manners- if there is such a thing.  I think I liked riding in the winter better without everyone else on the road.

Been taking LFP last few days.  What a nice change from dodging traffic!

Weather in the 30's/40's has been quite nice as well. 

I keep having to remind myself to scale layering back a little, but not too much.

Also, seeing lots of shiny bicycles out there . . .

Speaking of shiny bicycles, I think mine could use a good bath after the winter of abuse and sludge. I manage to keep it clean enough to ride, but the rest of it is still a bit on the grungy side. 

in it to win it said:

Been taking LFP last few days.  What a nice change from dodging traffic!

Weather in the 30's/40's has been quite nice as well. 

I keep having to remind myself to scale layering back a little, but not too much.

Also, seeing lots of shiny bicycles out there . . .

I added a 17 mile detour to my 3 mile ride home yesterday.  I'm so glad that Spring is starting to show up.

GORGEOUS sunrise on LFP.

Closing until Mid-Dec.

I've had some of the best Fall rides this year.  Maybe two in minor amounts of snow.

I've had to rework much of my cold-riding wardrobe compared to last Fall/Winter (so far).

Here's to a milder Winter than the last...

My morning commute felt a wee bit Scottish today.

Hadn't rode to work in a couple weeks due to being just too busy, but today's ride was quite enjoyable! Although the pavement was wet, I didn't get rained on at all, and the temps were delightfully balmy. Not bad for the first "official" day of Winter!

Winter arrives today!....I will be riding tommorow!!!

Second day back on the bike after 1-1/2 weeks of a bad cough. Nice to ride again! I did wake up to a flat on my road bike, but jumped on my trusty winter ride.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service