The Chainlink

I've received word from Jepson's mother that his ghost bike (Diversey and Avers) has been removed.

Who's interested in working on a replacement?

Edit-- further communication-- Saturday Oct 8th would have been his b-day so it would be important to his mother to have one up by then if possible. My own availability until after that weekend is very limited.

Views: 1171

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PM sent.

Duppie said:

How many people do you need to prep and deploy the bike? I can be available Thursday night.

The previous ghost bike was a cruiser. I think Alex is going to root around in his inventory for a like kind replacement. The heavy chain helps. I'll pick up a heavy duty padlock, and we should be good to go. Duppie's coming as well. Sixish?

Ace Mann said:
I can bring 2 road bikes & a heavy chain & will try & get some white paint

h' said:

Sounds great. Thursday at WTB-- what time? 

I finally found an image of the original bike:

I will be able to drop off paint & chain around 3:00ish. I can then go get the 2 road bikes or can get a cruiser.So anytime after 5pm is good by me.

New bike was placed, thanks to Kevin C., Ace Mann, and Alex.

And obviously, thanks to Duppie. 

Duppie said:

New bike was placed, thanks to Kevin C., Ace Mann, and Alex.

I've let Jepson's mother know.  

That was really a beautiful thing to do. Thanks to all.

Just caught this thread, happy to help.  Tell me where and when and I'm there.

We placed the bike there last night.If you want you could go & get some flowers,candles or some cooking stuff to put on the bike,like the original picture.Thanks for the offer.

David606xx said:

Just caught this thread, happy to help.  Tell me where and when and I'm there.

Thanks again to Duppie,Kevin C,Alex and Westtown bikes for donating the bike for Jepson.Here was a video from last year Ride of Silence.Jespon Livingston father was at the ride. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ZvQZ3xMnU

Great job ! 

Especially since the family seems to appreciate it.

That is a GREAT story.  Thanx guys!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service