The Chainlink

Built in 1996, with semi-custom option (top tube shortened by 1 cm from stock geometry).

Reynolds 753 steel frame with Reynolds 531 steel fork. Shimano 600 drivetrain, Mavic Classics Elite wheels. Recently (professionally) tuned.  Always kept indoors, barely ridden in about 6 years. Recently tuned by Blue City Cycles.

Original cost ~$2300, wheelset $350

Asking $1,000.

53 cm is about right for a person between 5'7" and 5'10" tall, depending on your proportions and your personal preference.

Please send inquiries to ho.ardbikes (at) gmail.com

(Note-- this bike is for sale as a whole, functional bike; it would be ideal for someone who is the right size and is looking to get into distance riding/touring; not willing to sell in parts.)

Views: 2008

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good news, everybody-- was up in my attic and found that this bike is still there . . .

Apple Cider Century, North Shore Century, Hilly Hundred still coming up :-)

Hey Howard...

Have you tried listing this on Crazyguyonabike.com?  It's where I bought my Waterford and it seems like bikes can sell there if theyre priced right.  And I definitely think your bike is priced right.

Many thanks for the tip, Paul!

Which Waterford did you end up with? How do you like it?

A.K.A Paul said:

Hey Howard...

Have you tried listing this on Crazyguyonabike.com?  It's where I bought my Waterford and it seems like bikes can sell there if theyre priced right.  And I definitely think your bike is priced right.

It's a 1900 touring bike.  Love it!  The only thing I can complain about is one of the S&S kept loosening on Ragbrai.  I just made a habit of checking it every day.  Good luck with your sale.
Was this the bike I saw at the Pulaski Park Swap Meet in Feb.?

Haven't followed in a long time but I think the 1900 was billed as an "Adventure Bike?"

Glad you like it!

Howard

PS registered at crazyguy and posted the ad, and my account now appears to be deleted . . .

A.K.A Paul said:

It's a 1900 touring bike.  Love it!  The only thing I can complain about is one of the S&S kept loosening on Ragbrai.  I just made a habit of checking it every day.  Good luck with your sale.

Yup.  Every 6 months or so I decide to put a little effort into selling it :-)

Got a new housemate who's been subtly bugging me about clutter . . . I need to reinforce that so he doesn't stop .  .

mark stetson said:

Was this the bike I saw at the Pulaski Park Swap Meet in Feb.?
Hah, I just wanted to comment and say that I enjoyed your sarcastic whit with that comment below.

h' said:

Got a new housemate who's been subtly bugging me about clutter . . . I need to reinforce that so he doesn't stop .  .

Thanks, but he's already stopped :-)

Trevor Ash said:
Hah, I just wanted to comment and say that I enjoyed your sarcastic whit with that comment below.

h' said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service