The Chainlink

Hello all,

I'm a senior in industrial engineering at Northwestern University, and I'm working with the city of Evanston, Office of Sustainability to complete an analysis and provide recommendation for future placement of bike parking racks in the business districts other than Downtown Evanston.

We cannot promise all the suggestions will result in a bicycle rack being installed; however, this is a great opportunity to provide your input and help us understand where bicycle riders in Evanston would like to see more bicycle racks.

Please tell your biking friends. This could really benefit both you guys and the city. Thanks!

Survey: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGNyTmhWNURFS3...

Views: 258

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can name 50 in Chicago if they're feeling real generous.

Jokes aside, the only time I biked to Evanston I realized the Steak n Shake could use a bike rack.

I guess I should take the survey.

hey man if you want to take it 5 times and list 50 places, do it! the more input the better

Blatherskate said:

Jokes aside, the only time I biked to Evanston I realized the Steak n Shake could use a bike rack.

I voted for 4 new racks: by the Mitchell Museum of the American Indian, near Sarkis, near Little Island & near the new Trader Joe's.  This survey, unfortunately, is only looking at areas of Evanston outside the downtown area.  I live downtown Evanston, and mainly travel within that area, so it's difficult to pinpoint need in outlying areas of the city.  But thanks for doing this!

I consistently request bike racks through the city of Chicago to no avail.

Try and find safe bike parking around grand and pulaski, or much of the west side for that matter.

Michael Dornbusch said:

hey man if you want to take it 5 times and list 50 places, do it! the more input the better

Blatherskate said:

Sorry, I didn't read your last post correctly. I'm not familiar enough with evanston to name 50 places up there.

I'm a ding dong.

Blatherskate said:

I consistently request bike racks through the city of Chicago to no avail.

Try and find safe bike parking around grand and pulaski, or much of the west side for that matter.

Michael Dornbusch said:

Blatherskate said:

I will say, the horrid signs on all of the parking meters downtown don't prevent people from locking up, they just make things look bad.

I took the survey, thanks for doing this.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service