The Chainlink

Don't know what I did to tick off the karma gods, but they are hatin' on me!

Views: 59

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you use tire liners, they can be very reliable protection as long as you keep your tire at or near max pressure when you go out to ride.  If you let the tires get soft and you hit potholes, steel plates, RR tracks, etc., you will be vulnerable to pinch flats. 

I've ridden many miles over several years with tire liners and only gotten 2 flats in all those miles.  One was a pinch flat because I was lazy and didn't pump up the tires before going out to ride.  The other was a drywall screw that punctured the tire right at the edge of the tire liner.  Other than that, I rode through a LOT of broken glass and other debris with NO flats at all.  Just sharing my experience with the product...

in it to win it said:

I will do that tonight!

Mark said:

Be sure to use tire liners like Mr. Tuffy.
I swear by them. Sometimes when I'm just standing around, I may bother to pick pieces of glass out of them, but I never get flats.

Dr. Doom said:
Get some Vittoria Randonneurs. They are like riding on cement but they never flat and they're much cheaper than some fancier but equally cement-like tires.

What shape is your wheel in?  Is your wheelstrap still OK?  Is it even still there?  I saw a guy yesterday at the LBS who brought his bike in complaining of the same issue and when the guys pulled his tire off he didn't even have a wheelstrap.  Hit a bump and the wheel flexes and pushes a spoke right up into the tube without anything to stop it or protect it.  Are you inspecting the tire and rim before re-installing it for objects?  What someone else said about putting the stem by the tire mfg name on the right side of the bike will let you know where on the tire/wheel the damage was so you can focus on your problem area when inspecting the tire/rim condition or foreign objects.

Tell us more about what kind of bike, the size of the tire, the brand of the tire, age of the tire, what kind of tube you are using, what kind of wheel, steel or alloy rim and if you are using a liner or other anti-flat technology.

Well, now I know bad karma's not all that big. Sure can take down your transportation program, though...

in it to win it said:
Well, now I know bad karma's not all that big. Sure can take down your transportation program, though...

If you had something that big stuck in your tire and the shop didn't find it, you should ask for a refund. And start fixing flats yourself.
Nope, first 3 flats were back tire.  This flat was front tire.

envane x said:

in it to win it said:

If you had something that big stuck in your tire and the shop didn't find it, you should ask for a refund. And start fixing flats yourself.
That's what she said.

notoriousDUG said:

you need to stop pulling so hard on the pump when you pull it off.

They are doing street sweeping which "cleans" the curbs but the amount of junk out in the street is awful for a few days.
Big Karmatm is out to get you!

flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat-flat

That's what I think about silly superstitions and invisible friends in the sky.  I believe in physics myself ;)

Apparently nobody's ever told you about the cyclists' superstition that every time you say (or type) the "f" word you get another.  I call them "sudden airloss events."

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service