The Chainlink

All Discussions Tagged 'Metra' (17)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Metra Bike Trains Fall 2023

Metra will run special Saturday Bike trains on six Saturdays from September 9th thru October 14th on the Heritage Corridor, the normally w…

Started by Elwood Gruschow

0 Sep 4, 2023

Bike on Metra - a suggestion

I saw this out in San Francisco a few years ago - when you got on a train they handed out tags to put on your bike to indicate where you we…

Started by Bob Kastigar

0 Aug 23, 2016

Seeking Glenview/Skokie commute advice

Hi! I'm looking for commuting advice up in the Glenview area. I've commuted via cycle in the city for the better part of the last decade, i…

Started by Tayter

26 Jun 30, 2016
Reply by Shawn Evans

bike vandalism - has your bike been a target?

I got a rude shock when I returned to my bike at the 95th St. Metra station after work yesterday. The bike was perfectly fine when I left i…

Started by Anne Alt

8 Aug 31, 2015
Reply by John Durham

Biking as Transportation from Metra to South Barrington

Does anyone have advice for a safe route from a Metra station (Barrington or Palatine) to South Barrington? It's only a few miles from the…

Started by MeganK

9 Apr 24, 2015
Reply by Greg Yarnik

Parades and Metra service this weekend

FYI - the downtown St. Patrick's Day parade is this Saturday 3/14, starting at noon at Balbo & Columbus, going north on Columbus past B…

Started by Anne Alt

2 Mar 14, 2015
Reply by Tom A.K.

Metra to Harvard, IL then ride the Long Prairie Trail...

I'm thinking about taking Metra out to Harvard, IL then ride the Stone Mill Trail and Long Prairie Trail both west of Harvard. Has anyone d…

Started by Tom Z

7 Oct 13, 2014
Reply by James Knell

Robert McClory / Kenosha County Bike Trial to Kenosha Metra (Best Route?)

I'm thinking about riding the Robert McClory path north into Kenosha. The problem is the path ends about 3 miles from the train station. Do…

Started by Tom Z

5 Jun 8, 2014
Reply by Tom Z

bike access on Metra - reverse commute and off-peak trips

I'm doing research for a blog piece about bike access on Metra.  I'd be grateful if any of you who take bikes on Metra for reverse commute…

Started by Anne Alt

16 Mar 8, 2013
Reply by Sean M. O'Grady

Metra Survey Available: Looking at New Fare Collection Methods

For those of us who are public transit geeks--c'mon, I can't be the only one here--Metra is running an interesting quick online survey for…

Started by Thunder Snow

10 Sep 6, 2012
Reply by Thunder Snow

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service