The Chainlink

General Discussion (not bike related) (1,185)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Chainlink in Crain's

Here's a link to Mondays' article in Crain's Chicago Business on winter cycling. http://www.chicagobusiness.com/cgi-bin/mag/article.pl?arti

Started by Anne

1 Jan 14, 2009
Reply by Active Transportation Alliance

Chicago Winter Bike Swap-Jan. 17

Just a reminder that the Chicago Winter Bike Swap will be held on January 17 from 9:30-3:30 at Harper College. It will be a great chance fo…

Started by K Stephens

6 Jan 12, 2009
Reply by h' Zerocats

Today is a great day to practice

The main streets seem to be pretty good. I was out and running errands today. This is the perfect kind of snow to find a nice side street a…

Started by

5 Jan 11, 2009
Reply by Kristian M Zoerhoff

Recco on rain/wind pants?

I want to get a good pair of rainproof/windproof pants to be able to ride as often as I'd like this winter. Jeans are not optimal for these…

Started by Vondo

12 Jan 10, 2009
Reply by Martin Hazard

Do you know a big shot @ AT&T?

A bike guide will be included in the new AT&T Real Yellow Pages for Madison/Dane County. The guide will be distributed to 650,000 homes…

Started by M.A.R.K.

14 Jan 10, 2009
Reply by M.A.R.K.

CCM Happy Hour Tonight @ West Town Bikes, 5-8pm

Happy New Year! I would like to extend an invitation for folks to join us at West Town Bikes tonight for the monthly Critical Mass Happy H…

Started by Bikefreeek

1 Jan 9, 2009
Reply by John

To the medically savvy of the Chainlink:

I fell with a bike down my back stairs thanks to ice and snow. Turns out I sprained the shit out of my ankle; thanks to an accommodating do…

Started by justJason

13 Jan 7, 2009
Reply by Katie

Tour da Chicago, alternate view.

Stepping only slightly outside my Tour de Cure mode for a moment, I wanted to at least post this for those thinking about playing around wi…

Started by Chi Tour de Cure

3 Jan 6, 2009
Reply by Ali

Rollers

I am looking at getting my first set of rollers. The little research I have done has led me to Kreitler and cycle ops rollers. Do you have…

Started by csears

16 Jan 6, 2009
Reply by root

Vacation report

I got to escape the Tundra and lay resplendent (and often prone) back in my home town that was experiencing record-high temps: New Orleans.…

Started by justJason

3 Jan 4, 2009
Reply by Ammo

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service