The Chainlink

Hey Chainlinkers,

The City of Chicago's Department of Transportation is introducing on-street bike parking corrals. On-street bike corrals are a low-cost way to provide parking for 10 or more bicycles in the same space typically occupied by a car. Currently, there are four bike corrals in Chicago, but there is a need for many more. There are many reasons why a business should get a bike corral installed, but the biggest benefit is economics. We keep hearing it in the news. 

Bicyclists tend to visit their local shops more often and spend more per month with all that disposable income. Making a bicyclists visit as convenient and inviting as possible makes sense for good business.

Do you know of a business or building that would benefit from having a bike corral?

Please reply here or send any suggestion to me at tony@activetrans.org

Also check out the bike corral website!

Views: 1884

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks Adam..good to know.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

If you're locking up at Jackson and LaSalle, there are a ton of racks along the west side of the Board of Trade building.

jolondon30 said:

especially at Merchandise Mart and Jackson Lasalle. I have trouble locking up at both places.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

We need more of these in the Loop. A significant percentage of bike commuters are riding into the Loop daily, and bike rack space can get tight in summer months.

Also, I'd prefer if they weren't removed in the winter. By that argument, we should be removing car parking spaces in the summer.

we have a few in andersonville [= More please! get those carsw outta here! lolz

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service