The Chainlink

As if now, I'm going for it.

Views: 1451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...bring together Douglas Adams with Cat Herding, how about a reference to DW with the grim reaper saying: cats, cats are nice.

Perhaps a reminder from Zaphod Beeblebrox to remember your towel.  Or cats as overlords of the Vogons.  ;) 

50 miles today.

The early AM (7-9) was so SO SO frigid, and I was heading directly into the -15 windchill wind for 22 miles.  I had to take off my cycling shoes and put on my walking shoes with 3 layers of socks AND another big wool sock on the outside of the shoe to finally get my feet out of the frozen zone.  After it "warmed up" things were drastically easier to deal with but still very cold.

Got another 10 miles or so coming up, a relative breeze to the odyssey I just got done with!

Nope.  It's about a 2.5-mile one-way trip.  My face froze, but everything else was just fine.

h' 1.0 said:

Well, I hope you live a block from the border on the Evanston side and your class is a block into Skokie....

Noah Weiss 1.2 km said:

I will be riding tomorrow, in Evanston and Skokie. I have a class in Skokie at 19:00, so I will really have to bundle up!
You Sir, are an animal. Well done!

Mark Potts said:

50 miles today.

The early AM (7-9) was so SO SO frigid, and I was heading directly into the -15 windchill wind for 22 miles.  I had to take off my cycling shoes and put on my walking shoes with 3 layers of socks AND another big wool sock on the outside of the shoe to finally get my feet out of the frozen zone.  After it "warmed up" things were drastically easier to deal with but still very cold.

Got another 10 miles or so coming up, a relative breeze to the odyssey I just got done with!

The good the bad and the ugly..

Biked in from lincoln square after hitting the gym.  Seems like my workout meant I didn't need to stop halfway due to frozen hands..they were cold at Fullterton (not bad) and a bit frozen not until Oak. Today I was wiser and wore a hat under my balaclava and a dress shirt and light running shirt over my under armour compression shirt. Actually a very nice ride and pleasant..face and toes not cold at all.

On ride home hands froze by time i got to Diversey/Clark...went in to TJ's to warm up.  Unfortunately going up clark my rear tire blew..I heard it.  Decided I would need bus....went up to Grace..waited for bus.....decided to walk a bit and bus passed me!  Now getting cold so just biked home to lawrence on crippled tire...don't think rims where hurt.  Probably the groceries at TJ's killed the tire..never had that before.  Wearing additional shirts and a hat underneath balaclava made all the difference..was not cold at all.

I rode this morning. Started to flurry a bit, but not enough to affect my ride. MUCH warmer than last morning.

I am also planning on riding tomorrow.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service