The Chainlink

As if now, I'm going for it.

Views: 1451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I rode in (2.7 miles). It was supposedly 13F at Wells/North. Tailwind was from the north, so it felt very still. In my down coat, ski gloves and thermal boots, it felt fine.

it wasnt to bad, dry and cold is good.

Yea. Not to bad cold wise but the wind while heading west on Roosevelt and Ogden was not fun. My normal 5 miles is 25 minutes or so...this morning it was 40 and I was a multilayered sweatcicle. (At 8am) Only saw two folks today both headed north on canal.

Made it in and was just fine except for I overdid it a bit on the upper body.  What I wore today might be just right for tomorrow!  I was moving a little slower than normal, too.  Riding home northwest bound might be a little more interesting.

Congrats!

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Made it in and was just fine except for I overdid it a bit on the upper body.  What I wore today might be just right for tomorrow!  I was moving a little slower than normal, too.  Riding home northwest bound might be a little more interesting.

Made it nicely--  it was five miles straight west into the headwind.  I stayed warm, with a little chill in the feet.  I also had the uncontrollable urge to start yelling, "THIS IS SPARTA!" after I passed the halfway mark.

fine except for frozen hands...had to stop halfway to warm them up. liners and heavy ski gloves dont' do the trick. 

Today was the first day I busted out the goggles...only to have my glasses freeze up within. Had to give up on them half-way through the ride. (Would go without the glasses and leave on the goggles, except for my odd concepts of liking to see, safety, and such.)

I rode in today and only saw one other guy on a bike on the way here. Stopping at the lights and signs was what was hurting me. Just stopped there with the cold everywhere. I think When I was riding I wasn't focused on the riding as much, so much that when I got to work my thumb and finger hurt from being too cold when I tried to use my key for the lock. 

Also, the bike rack today is empty aside from me. I hope my bicycle doesn't get lonely.

Was chilly this morning and not much traffic.  I added an extra half hour onto my commute as I was so busy putting warm stuff on my head I managed to get halfway through my commute without a helmet....

Was not quite as pleasant as anticipated. Wind out of the north and west, just like Saturday night, although not anywhere near as brutal.  Hopefully it will die down by evening for those of you commuting north from the loop.

I just rode into work (6 miles) and the ride was slow slow slow.  I'm heading northwest so the wind was against me the whole way.  My feet are sooo cold, but I only had on three pairs of warm socks and fleece shoes. :)  The pedals sucked the heat right out of my toes.  My torso and face were really warm thanks to my googles and Carhart facemask/hat combo. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service