The Chainlink

I'd love to know who's coming out to Michigan for this awesome event on September 30 :)

https://www.applecidercentury.com/

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My wife and I rode it a few times back in the 1990s when we were dating. Our family has been making this annual pilgrimage since 2009 -- memorable because my wife had just been diagnosed with breast cancer (again.) The only time our boys cried was when she told them that momma wouldn't be able to ride with us this time. She was back in the saddle again next year. 

Starting at the age of seven with 12 or 15 miles, our twins incrementally worked their way up the ladder to a century two years ago. Last year's heat had my wife and sons bailing after 75 miles for concerns of heat stroke. 

We usually camp over in Warren Dunes, although we have also pitched a tent in the outfield in the town park. 

Last year I rode my bike solo over to Three Oaks on the Saturday and met up with my family at the ice cream social. 

For folks who come over the night before, I would seriously recommend the port-a-pit chicken dinner at the United Methodist Church. Also, grab breakfast at the fire house before the ride. Having escaped the small town Middle America of my youth, I find Three Oaks is an idealized version of my hometown, except it's far more hip (not that it's really hip, but does have an art gallery, an art house cinema, live theater, retro MCM furniture, and was previously serving up royal savory pies at Pleasant House Pub.)

Thanks for sharing, Curtis!
I'm excited to be doing it for the third time this year!

I registered yesterday!

Awesome Gary, see you there :)
I'll be there. :-)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service