The Chainlink

Share your pics, videos, streets, stories of what you find in the bike lane of the non-bike variety that has an impact on your ride and/or your safety. I've decided to keep it a little more open ended - cars, snow, buses, garbage, cabs, etc. If they shouldn't be in the bike lane, go ahead and add it to this thread. Please be safe if you are taking pics or video! :-) 

My hope is that we can collectively build some evidence of what we see when riding in the city with the overall hope of better enforcement of "bikes only" and improving maintenance. 

Update: More Hashtags to Capture Vehicles in the Bike Lane

With popular hashtags:
#BikeLaneShaming

#LaneSpreading (Chicago Bike Selling)

#ClearTheWay (ActiveTrans), there are many options to capture violations.

We think you should use ALL of them AND post your photos on The Chainlink. ;-)

Views: 78485

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Uber driver using 2 way bike lane to let passengers out on in the loop by union station.
Attachments:

So, not quite on topic, as its not people parked and blocking the bike lane, but certainly not respecting it either.
Just because you have a green bicycle signal and the right turn lane on your right has a red right turn arrow, does not mean you are safe to proceed.
With the cement curbs they're putting up on Elston, I suspect that the final signals at Fullerton and Damen will be similar to the Milwaukee/Elston split. Please be careful out there. Drivers are distracted, and a red right turn arrow is a signal some drivers do not comprehend, so be careful there too.

Yeah, you definitely have to stay alert at those intersections. I've seen cars run the red left arrow at Dearborn and Wacker, too. 

I'd really like to see separate right arrows for the cars on the Elston intersections so they are not turning when bikes are going straight through.

Franklin and Washington.

While filing the 311 report, I used Google Street View to look at the address on the building on North Franklin. Lol. There's a taxi illegally parked in the bike lane at 221 N Franklin St. Classic.

Google Street View

221 N Franklin St

200 N. Dearborn, 9:30am
The driver was very sorry, of course. She probably didn't see the green paint or lane dividers.
Attachments:

221 N Franklin St

U.S. Post office truck at 1487 N Elston.

Ten years in a row now it seems.

125 S. Franklin St. 311 reports filed.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service