The Chainlink

Views: 2614

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For those that take Illinois east past Clark, you may want to stay on the left side of Illinois until you pass Clark. The right lane was backed up pretty good this morning and cars were blocking the bike lane trying to make a right turn onto Clark or La Salle. Also (surprise!), southbound traffic on La Salle was backed up into the intersection so drivers had to be in the far left lane just to proceed east on Illinois. I may start taking Huron over to State and then head east on Illinois from there.  

Update on State Street:  The section between Kinzie and the bridge has been striped.  There is a very wide bus lane on the far right.  Traffic at about 8:00 a.m. is very light.  I usually only see the 62 Archer bus stopped just north of Marina Towers.  Otherwise the right lane is wide open. 

In contrast, I decided to try Clark again about two weeks ago and found that the contest between bikes and cars for the right lane was no better.  Traffic on Clark was really heavy.

Until Dearborn is opened up for two-way bike traffic, my route of choice is still State.

Some great photos from the Tribune of the Wells Street Bridge work, including this week's massive replacement section that was floated in on a barge.

http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune.com/chi-130228-wells-street-br...

Yep, work to install the final replacement section starts this Friday night.

Julie Hochstadter said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service