The Chainlink

Ok if you are interested in this ride you have to tell Lee Diamond that Gang of Four should never be classified as NEW WAVE!!! What the duce!@$%

We have drink specials and everything. Come one, come all with your tweed and steeds this Saturday, Saturday, Saturday and no we won't have truckasaurus just lots of booze and bikes!

Views: 275

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sir Aaron, thanks for setting this up! My head's been elsewhere so I didn't notice it until Lord John found it. Come September, we'll do this for the next Tweed Ride. And again, my apologies to the RH Lee!

Also, am riposting this from the BBC and Winston's Tweed Ride comments sections:

First, my profound apologies to the Right Honourable Lee. Next 12 September's Tweed Ride will most certainly be addressed through a forum discussion. But with a little more than a day and counting, it's unfortunately too late.

Second, I ran into the comely Sailor today at U of C. She inquired as to the tweedyness of our little tour Saturday.

To use the wonderfully colourful vernacular of our American Cousins, tweedyness ain't all that mystifying. All it takes is a scrupulous informality in your attire!

Most of the more gentile sort (lads & lassies alike) have the essential ingredients in their modest boudoirs. Your standard issue bike cap or flat cap is also most decently appropriate.

If you lack the tweed jacket, then a vest will do. No vest? Then a light, V-neck pullover (or sweater for our uncouth American Cousins) will do. The stripery the better!

Underneath DO WEAR (as in don't go commando) a dress shirt; again, the stripery the better. Crown it off with a narrow tie or the more sartorial bow-tie. School colours get extra points! Remember, fastidious fashion are the words of the hour.

And below the decks? Whether you refer to them as Knickers, Breeks, Breaches, or Pantaloons, all you need is leggy attire that floats seductively at mid-hip or modestly drops to just above the knee. Of course, exposing your devilish calves is strictly unseemly so cover up with knee-length socks. Argyle is MOST fetching.

Please be attuned that the point of our little tour is to SPRUCE UP, blast it! Do fight the slavish temptation of those horrid man-made fibers so much favored by the more odious lycra louts.

... THANKS TO ONE AND ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENTHUSIASM on this most humble experiment %-{)>
I feel the need for tweed, not speed!
There will be no speed, that is for sure.

The hand out is done. The notes are being dusted.

My English accent will never make a public appearance.

I have built a new ride special for the occassion....a true English classic.......Big Shoulders Recyclery #005 - Studs, a very moderne take on a timeless machine....an abomination to the three-speed purists no doubt - a fixed-gear 1950s Hercules. I rode him in to work today. It is a joy to pedal.

Here's a peak:

I am breathless with anticipation. Counting on some more drink specials too!

So I must ask....what is the power of personal persuasion when a bevy of sharp lasses and lads show up at your doorstep but to embrace their tweedy charm? None says I!
I need to find me a true English bike to ride.
and indeed a beauty of a bike.
Well let's just get right down to brass tacks......Does any one have any idea of all of the drink specials summed up in one place?
I am looking forward to it - to the point I am forgoing tonight's neighborhood masses and the Ciclo Urbano parade featuring Mucca Pazza. Not a small thing to do! A few final repairs and a fork replacement to be completed, and then my ride will continue her 58th year of rolling.

Off now to pick up one of the prizes - dress to win tomorrow!
Blimey! She's a spot on crumpet!

John said:
I am looking forward to it - to the point I am forgoing tonight's neighborhood masses and the Ciclo Urbano parade featuring Mucca Pazza. Not a small thing to do! A few final repairs and a fork replacement to be completed, and then my ride will continue her 58th year of rolling.

Off now to pick up one of the prizes - dress to win tomorrow!

the sound sucks and i can fix it but will later....
I plan to be there, though I don't think I'll know anyone. So I look forward to meeting you all.
I will be there.
Great ride! Thanks to the ones that organized this one. We had to pull the big yelow tandem (bus) out of the ride early due to prior commitments, but had a great time.
I posted some pictures of the ride on my blog - everybody looked so tweedy! If anyone would prefer his or her picture not to be up there, just let me know. http://letsgorideabike.wordpress.com/2009/05/03/chicagos-tweed-ride...

Thanks all for the fun ride and helping after my fall :) I'm perfectly fine and am looking forward to the next ride in September.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service