The Chainlink

This is a popular destination/stop for many riders. They now require you to park your bike at the bike racks right next to the road at the entrance to the parking lot. This is completely out of view from the restaurant (separated by the entire parking lot). Bring enough locks to secure your bike or simply chose not to do business with them anymore. The patio is closed this time of year and they won't allow bike parking there or in the side yard. They should take a lesson from other brewpubs and have parking right in front of the building. 

Views: 2333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think the answer to this varies by location. People seem genuinely thrilled to be insulted at the Wiener Circle. People do not seem thrilled when what they want is be treated like a human being, but an employee has decided they don't like the look of you, or your perceived lifestyle, etc., and provides sub-standard service.

I remember when the Three Floyd's guys were still building their brand and they used to come and bring their beers by the trunk load to Chicago bars. The pretentiousness and overall crappy service was quite a shock when I finally got around to biking to the Munster location a few years ago. I won't be going back.

just heard about this thread. i agree, boycott the a-holes!

then the lines will be shorter for those of us who enjoy the seventh-best brewery in the world and the food which like the beer is unapologetically in your face with flavor. :-)

Forgot my lock yesterday. Thought I could have a quick beer on patio with bike leaning near there. Nope! Fire code requires entire area in or outside patio to be bike-free I was told. Got to use racks out by road.  Plus patio was closed, no beers allowed despite 63°F temps.  I pedaled on south 4 mi. to Windmill Brewing.

Regardless, NICE Black Lightning!

Thanks!  You know your 29 yo bikes! LOL

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service