The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, it took longer than I ever thought. I had to have surgery on my ankle and took 2 months off work. I was released from the "boot" (my constant companion since late January) yesterday. Today at physical therapy I will be put on a stationary bike. If that goes well, I will start riding around my neighborhood to build up my jello-like right calf muscles. At least the surgeon thinks I will make a full recovery. :-(

Steve

Congrats on being liberated from the boot. I hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly.

I'm back on the commuter bike as of one week ago! It's good to be able to use my get-around for its physical therapy benefits. Still there's a long way to go... I'm 4 months into a 6-9 month recovery. I should be in fine shape for the ice next winter!

Steve

I’m very fortunate to either walk or bike to work.

Today was walk to work.

I’m at the northwest corner of Richard J Daley Center. I’m right at the barriers walking when I hear someone say “Right behind you”.

Then this idiot on her bike goes to the right of me and says to my face, “Right BEHIND you”.

Hey Bitch! First of all, it’s “On your left” or “On your right”. When you say “Right behind you”, do I walk to your right where you might hit me? Or do I walk left and avoid you?

Second, you F***ing idiot, why are you riding your bike still at that point. Walking your bike just a few feet to the bike racks won’t kill you.

Be considerate of other walkers the next time you bike on the sidewalk. 

I know what you mean. There are lots of people walking between those barriers and she had the nerve to say that! 

And I forgot to mention that right after she said “Right BEHIND you”, she proceeded to bike to those bike racks just a few steps away. WTF!

i should have spoken my mind to her, but I didn’t. So I vent my frustration here.

Wow, there's a male bicyclist on Elston that yells "Right behind you" and I am similarly annoyed. What does that even mean???

He's insecure, convinced that you're not aware of his presence and fearful you'll make a unpredictable move (pull a Crazy Ivan)and jeopardize his well being (break his collarbone in a crash).

Drop the hammer and lose 'em!

This morning (May 22, 2018) I was waiting for the Adams red light to turn green on southbound Dearborn.  Pedestrians were crossing eastbound in front of me in the crosswalk with the light for them.  You ( a middle aged grandma ) heading northbound on Dearborn, runs the Adams light and heads right into the pedestrians, ,saying in a cheerful voice. "Look out Folks" as they scatter in front of you.  As you pass me I pointed out that you were running the red.  Your response was a cheerful "Of course".

You're a douchbag!

Classic Mr. Burns:

"Out of my way, I'm a motorist!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HESH8U1B4o

From their viewpoint, they're ENTITLED to run the red light, while you're REQUIRED to wait for them as they break the law.

I do stuff like that too, but we probably shouldn't. Very near the intersection you mentioned, a cyclist was killed by a bus driver who may have run the red without looking.

Driving to work up Dearborn this morning, two cars blew the red after the light cycled. After I crossed the intersection, a THIRD car blew the red, narrowly missing pedestrians, cars, and cyclists who had the right of way. He was met with a chorus of "WTF are you doing?!?" as he had been stopped at the red light for several seconds before gunning it.

I guess I should be thankful that he "let" me pass.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service