The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow! What an idiot!
Registration comes all the time and always has but implementation and enforcement would be cost prohibitive and impossible. i have 3 bikes right now. Register all? 1 plate for all 3? and when the bike gets stolen should i expect CPD to look for it like they would a car?

More fun to just howl at the moon, or in this case, bad cyclists. (ps on 848 on NPR they had a mini-bike sumit and some random asshead caller said 70-80% of all bikers break traffic laws. 20-30% obey. with no logical or noted back up. so all the people that saw the 3 bad riders we noted will remember them ridin like idiots and not us stopping.) yay!

Me: Passenger of "Cube van" comming onto grand from Burger Baron parking lot

You: Middle aged guy on some kind of Mountain Bike ridding west on the south sidewalk.

Woah! You almost smacked into us, right in the passenger door. Your lucky you didn't cuz I would have called you a dumbass and asked if you were older than 12. If you are older than 12, sack up and ride where you are supposed to or (if you are afraid of grand traffic) ride on a side street.

Yea she said the she had been hit 2x by byclists while she had the right of way as a pedestrian but no mention of what intersections. She must be pretty unlucky.

Gabe said:

Registration comes all the time and always has but implementation and enforcement would be cost prohibitive and impossible. i have 3 bikes right now. Register all? 1 plate for all 3? and when the bike gets stolen should i expect CPD to look for it like they would a car?

More fun to just howl at the moon, or in this case, bad cyclists. (ps on 848 on NPR they had a mini-bike sumit and some random asshead caller said 70-80% of all bikers break traffic laws. 20-30% obey. with no logical or noted back up. so all the people that saw the 3 bad riders we noted will remember them ridin like idiots and not us stopping.) yay!

i don't want to mis-attribute the comment, but i believe it was D.U.G. who once said that the biggest problem cyclists seem to have is other cyclists.

People, do we really need yet another thread to whine about bad riders? i think it's pretty sure that the riders addressed here aren't on Chainlink and so will never read your helpful hints to proper riding.

Just sayin'...

Gotta watch for cars, in motion or parked.

Actually, this is the first thread I have seen that is specifically devoted to venting about idiots that I would be ashamed to call cyclists if it wasn't for the bicycle between their legs.

As far as having a problem with cyclists, I have a problem with ALL road users- whether driving a vehicle or bicycle or walking on foot, especially since a vast majority of people are too self-absorbed and in their own little worlds of I-Pods, I-Phones and just being jerks in general. 

And sometimes I just like to vent my anger at times.  And Gabe offered a wonderful outlet to do just that.  Thanks, Gabe!

mike w. said:

i don't want to mis-attribute the comment, but i believe it was D.U.G. who once said that the biggest problem cyclists seem to have is other cyclists.

People, do we really need yet another thread to whine about bad riders? i think it's pretty sure that the riders addressed here aren't on Chainlink and so will never read your helpful hints to proper riding.

Just sayin'...

sorry mike, i didnt see anything similar. and thought it would just be a funny MC board. And i love Doug! :-)Thanks Mel! :-)

Hey Gabe & Mel,

i think that line was delivered here over a year ago anyway. Ah, i was just venting in a venting thread , too anyway.

Guess i'm just being touchy because i've heard an awful lot of bitching about cyclists by cyclists and non-cyclists alike lately, and i'm getting weary of it. i know there're a lot of bonehead riders out there -i get to hear about it all day long by non-riding co-workers and supposedly well-meaning relatives and acquaintances. It gets old, ya know?

i think i prefer to tell the boneheads in person anyway.

End of rant. Peace.

out.

Gabe said:
sorry mike, i didnt see anything similar. and thought it would just be a funny MC board. And i love Doug! :-)Thanks Mel! :-)

I've told other ridders* that I appreciated it when they didn't run through (unabashedly) a stop sign or red light. I figure that is a way to help promote safer ridding* even if its just preaching to the choir.

*spell correction to riders, riding

I knew that looked funny unfortunately spell check doesn't account for context. My bad, hopefully I'll remember this one. 

I'm not sure what you or the other folks where trying to get rid of, but I appreciate that you do your part to promote safe ridding....

Davo said:
I've told other ridders that I appreciated it when they didn't run through (unabashedly) a stop sign or red light. I figure that is a way to help promote safer ridding even if its just preaching to the choir.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service