The Chainlink

You blew the red light east bound on Lawrence at Damen at 5:26 pm this evening.

There was enough time for the biker in front of me to make it half way into the intersection, northbound on Damen, before you came whizzing past my front wheel.

I yelled "You're an idiot!" at your big haired chick, self, and you looked back at me. I meant it!

I woulda testified for any of the cars, that managed to not kill you, if they had.

Keep riding like a tard!

love,

gabe

Witness bad behavior during your commute? Feel free to post. Maybe that lovely human can read it and think they are famous. Maybe you can also inspire the whole generation of kids to shower but we can start with small things.

Views: 105307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If a car makes contact, the kid gloves justifiably come off - a quick slap to the roof (it makes the most noise and doesn't damage anything) is my response. I have had to do this less than a handful of times, most when a distracted driver was drifting into a bike lane. Happened to me once on Elston with my daughter on a bike seat! Oh, you better believe I was more that's a paddlin'.

Agreed. When I moved to the city I was too aggressive with drivers. I try my best to follow the rules of cycling. Then I'd get so angry with drivers. 

Then I had to tone it down because I thought I was being too mean for the slightest thing...

But now and then, I will lightly knock my knuckles or fingers on the side of a car - just to let them know they are over the bike lane, or blocking it. 

At times though, a big roof slap will be a necessity. 

I too wish we could report repeated Uber drivers who just stop in the"car lane" and let people out on the passenger side.

Also if they do pull over in a sharrow the passengers get out both sides of the car.

One of these days I am going to ride my fat bike... 10psi on the front tire is a good, comfortable ride if you go over curves and potholes... or if you "crash" slowly on a car parked on the bike lane.

+1

Getting out on the wrong side of the vehicle is a major, major no-no.

Municipal Code of Chicago 9-80-035 "Opening and Closing Vehicle Doors"

Steve

Maybe some signs on the public way stating this fact would help... I also think the current drivers license renewal program is woefully inadequate.

Sadly, signage is rarely adequate.

i do agree with you that drivers licensing programs are lamentable.

Drivers education/training/licensing is a sick joke- it's far too easy to get a drivers license.

To the lady who was arguing with the traffic enforcer officer on S. Wabash, not far from my house… you did get a ticket as I heard him say that parking on the bike lane is a violation. Good job officer of the parking gods!

Lady, you were being belligerent and kept asking over and over where it was posted that you couldn’t park on the bike lane. 

Officer said: See! this man has to go around your car because you are blocking the bike lane! Which is a violation because you are blocking the bike lane!

I mentioned to her how I see many people every day parked on the bike lane and it is a violation as I looked at the officer. 

We both nodded, and I rode home. 

Ernesto, when the,
" belligerent lady kept asking over and over again where was it posted that you couldn't park on the bike lane?"
you should have told her, the Illinois Rules of the Road ! THAT'S WHERE ! You SHOULD read them at least one time in order to get your license !

I wish I could have been that quick with a response. I was only a block from home and was just fixated to walk the dog and just get off the road. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service