The Chainlink

I'm trying to figure out the best way to store three bikes in my 1BR apartment. I have some ideas of my own but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or recommends any indoor storage racks that they have used. Thanks!

Views: 183

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I’ll have to take some pics when I get home. I used to have more bikes and a bike room  and now I have 3 bikes in a 1-bedroom.

Ha ha!   Yes, I know the problem.  I moved to Chicago from the East Coast.  And know well the small, cramped apartments back there, particularly in older buildings. 

First of all, for the next 6-7 months, I'd keep one 'beater' bike locked securely outside...backyard, front yard or street; double or triple locks.  Threading your way out of, and back into your apartment is just too much of a hassle. 

The other bikes I'd hang from the ceiling in corners, using stout hooks screwed into the ceiling joists, and a simple hook, pulley and length of clothesline to pull it up snug.  So when you come in with your bike, you lift the rear wheel into the fixed hook, attach the clothesline, and pull the front of the bike up into the corner and out of the way. 

Forgot to mention that I can store one in the basement but probably only one given the space that is available. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service