The Chainlink

I am always amazed at the amount of weed I smell from cars on my morning commute.  Morning!!!! Like 8:30am...! I can understand a hit after a hard day of work, but wow people....

You can smell it for a hundred feet depending on the weather. I like to then play a game called...guess which car is smoking the herb?

Anyone else find this discovery on their commutes?

Views: 607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think non statistical evidence  such as "I have seen" does not really tell us anything. I also question whether a person smoking or drinking is more or less impaired than the other.  In both cases a drink or a hit does not make you intoxicated. In both cases a few drinks or a few hits might do so. Just because somebody is seen drinking or smoking does not mean he/she is impaired.  However, the odds of that person being impaired are certainly going to be greater than the odds of the person who's car smells like pine cones, old pizza, flatus, or whatever else is in the environment in their cabin.  Further whether the operative art is the Day of Wine and Roses or Cheech and Chong Up in Smoke does not really change those odds.  The only thing we do know is that there is a test to see how impaired you are with alcohol but no such test exists for THC. We can know how much alcohol is in your system. We only know that THC is in your system but we can't tell how much and what that means.

I was driving the other day, and the guy next to me was lighting up a big fat joint.  I got so pissed off at him that I threw my beer can at his car.

Interesting piece on NPR discusses WA law on impairment and this issue: http://n.pr/UeJCF4

David Barish said:

.... The only thing we do know is that there is a test to see how impaired you are with alcohol but no such test exists for THC. We can know how much alcohol is in your system. We only know that THC is in your system but we can't tell how much and what that means.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service