The Chainlink

Show us your pets!

This is my monstrously fat cat Orson, 30 pounds of feline love machine.

Views: 7847

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had an Oscar for a few years. I eventually gave it and the tank to my friend's son. After about 2 years I happened to see the fish again. When I went by the tank the fish went bonkers and started swimming laps around the tank. I cant beleive the fish recognized me after 2 years! I'd like to believe he was happy to see me. I hope it wasnt that he was pissed off cause I gave him up. It probably was more along the lines of my image = meal ticket.
Never underestimate a cichlid.

Not Nathan Fillion (aka Paul) said:
I had an Oscar for a few years. I eventually gave it and the tank to my friend's son. After about 2 years I happened to see the fish again. When I went by the tank the fish went bonkers and started swimming laps around the tank. I cant beleive the fish recognized me after 2 years! I'd like to believe he was happy to see me. I hope it wasnt that he was pissed off cause I gave him up. It probably was more along the lines of my image = meal ticket.
have a firemouth breeding tank. They are now protecting the little guys which is hilarious because they just chase the fish away but dont hurt them. Never bred severums. Did breed nicaraguensis but the couuple started to pick on the Jack Dempsey so I gave them to a friend with a bigger tank.

H3N3 said:
I had some tetras for quite a while but in the past year they all went away one by one.
I started with 4 juvenile Severum, probably nickel to quarter sized from one of the soulless corporate pet stores, and ended up with two breeding pair.
Here's a little clip I took of one mom with fry a little less than a year ago:

Joe James said:
Believe both males. Bought as juveniles so to young to sex them. I like my Severum tank the best because they grow large but are very peaceful. They do well on vegetable flake. Have a beautiful chocalate cichlid as well in that tank. A peaceful set up would be your severums with some sort of schooling fish like black skirt tetras
Miss Olivia (poodle/pointer) and Buddy (springer):
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Anna (American Cocker... this dog is pretty in person, but NOT photogenic...):

And last but certainly not least, Niko:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
SORRY for the picspam... I can't help it! My pets are like my kids...lol
I read this as 'never underestimate a child.' I read it like 6x too. Time for bed me thinks.

H3N3 said:

Cichlid is a type of fish that an oscar is...But I wouldnt underestimate a child either!

Jessica said:
I read this as 'never underestimate a child.' I read it like 6x too. Time for bed me thinks.

H3N3 said:

I know! I just am totally out of it right now. But you are indeed correct. Don't underestimate cichlids OR children. You just never know. lol
This is Betty. She lived to be 17. She died from Leukemia last year.

Magic, the cat. Too smart for her own good. Cute enough that we don't kill her for it :)
My little Scout not long after she opened her eyes (she was a dumpster rescue at a week old!!)
baby scout

And more grown up...
geeeeeez

and omg this is the last one, I'm sorry.
I bred Firemouths as a kid. Had a group of Nicaraguense at one point but they were extremely violent and I'm pretty sure it never got to successful procreation. I've had both varieties of Chocolates-- when I moved to my current place I had a 60 with a group of them in the kitchen (the Severum tank is a 45 in the living room). Had a pair of Jack Dempsey in high school.
I don't feel like digging out any pics of the chocolates but here's one of the 45 when freshly set up (many years ago-- you can barely see inside of it now):

Joe James said:
have a firemouth breeding tank. They are now protecting the little guys which is hilarious because they just chase the fish away but dont hurt them. Never bred severums. Did breed nicaraguensis but the couuple started to pick on the Jack Dempsey so I gave them to a friend with a bigger tank.

H3N3 said:
I had some tetras for quite a while but in the past year they all went away one by one.
I started with 4 juvenile Severum, probably nickel to quarter sized from one of the soulless corporate pet stores, and ended up with two breeding pair.
Here's a little clip I took of one mom with fry a little less than a year ago:

Joe James said:
Believe both males. Bought as juveniles so to young to sex them. I like my Severum tank the best because they grow large but are very peaceful. They do well on vegetable flake. Have a beautiful chocalate cichlid as well in that tank. A peaceful set up would be your severums with some sort of schooling fish like black skirt tetras
all these sweet, sweet pet photos are making up for what's been a very crummy day. sigh.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service