The Chainlink

Have you seen it?
My baby girl was was parked on the corner of Rockwell and Augusta, locked to the bike racks over night, Feb 14-Feb 15. Went to take it out for all of it's energies this morning and she was gone! Lock cut. Keep a look out please, she's not that pretty but is a warrior!

Giant Bowery...single speed
Chrome.
Clip-less.

Distiguishing features:
A dent on the top tube frame...close to the handlebars.
A chainlink sticker!
A "R" sticker.
"Your car door kills me!" sticker.
Messenger shwag.
A blue hankie wrapped around the seat post.
(the dent is prob the only thing left!)

I type this through tears...

Views: 670

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, and I'd put money on everyone else around here being pissed about this.

I was just saying from the viewpoint of the police that it would be better if she went to them. Though your desire to act is definitely commendable.

Glad there are people around who don't just go "Damn, sorry about your bike, that sucks."

Danielle said:
yeah, I'm just pissed. I think she should do it to. I'm hoping the police will go as far to contact the person he sold it to and get it back for her.

I'm also just sick of others profiting off of the loss of someone else. Times are hard enough without some dirty thieves making things worse. We got robbed fairly often where I'm from and I have absolutely no tolerance for thievery.
well thanks :) I'm still gonna keep an eye out at the shop just in case they bring it in for something. It really sucks when you get something stolen, ESPECIALLY if that thing is something you use for work, or to get to work, because you not only loose that item but you lose money! I'd be happy if I could get it back for her, and even happier if the thief is prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Wow, that sounds kinda intense...

Tank-Ridin' Ryan said:
I agree, and I'd put money on everyone else around here being pissed about this.

I was just saying from the viewpoint of the police that it would be better if she went to them. Though your desire to act is definitely commendable.

Glad there are people around who don't just go "Damn, sorry about your bike, that sucks."

Danielle said:
yeah, I'm just pissed. I think she should do it to. I'm hoping the police will go as far to contact the person he sold it to and get it back for her.

I'm also just sick of others profiting off of the loss of someone else. Times are hard enough without some dirty thieves making things worse. We got robbed fairly often where I'm from and I have absolutely no tolerance for thievery.
Everyone! I got my bike back!!!

I was trying to keep chill in case he was a biker and somehow read this thread. I've been on his heels since first seeing the ad on criagslist five minutes after he posted it. Meet him as 912 w. 18th place mother fucker and posed as potential buyers. As i was taking my bike for a spin around the block, I called the cops and explained the situation and I said that I needed help "RIGHT MOTHER FUCKING NOW"...cops show up, I garnish the original sales reciept, booyakaa, jen is now making love to her bike. That now has a new chain...and is super clean. Actually, I think I owe him money for a tune-up!!

And I love my biking community.
And thank you all for the cocnern and the offers of assistance.
I am really just still in a bit of shock...
Jen, so glad to hear you got your wheels back! I love how you had to take your own bike for a test ride. Would have loved to see that prick's face when the cops got there. Cheers!
Chainlink: 1
Thieves: 1 million... but we're catching up lol.

Jen P said:

I was trying to keep chill in case he was a biker and somehow read this thread. I've been on his heels since first seeing the ad on criagslist five minutes after he posted it. Meet him as 912 w. 18th place mother fucker and posed as potential buyers. As i was taking my bike for a spin around the block, I called the cops and explained the situation and I said that I needed help "RIGHT MOTHER FUCKING NOW"...cops show up, I garnish the original sales reciept, booyakaa, jen is now making love to her bike. That now has a new chain...and is super clean. Actually, I think I owe him money for a tune-up!!

This is probably one of the coolest threads here. Jen P, congratulations! Chainlink community, you rock.

Jen P gets a drink at bar night if she's there.
AWESOME!!! Jen - so happy for you!

Care to share details of the arrest once you get used to having your baby back?
Right on!!!!

I second the vote for coolest post ever.

You took it around the block?! Pretty trusting for a thief...

Did the cops make an arrest?

T.C.

Jen P said:

COOLEST ending ever.

I'm so happy for you!
Good work Jen, This is one of those oh so rare happy endings.
well done.

in your face Lance Armstrong!
Whoooooo hoooo!!!! I was hoping the ending would be this way! Yeeeooww!

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service