The Chainlink

Saturday night round 11pm my friend was riding north on damen. He stopped at the top of the overpass at 290 to wait for the lights to change so he wouldn't have to stop at those lights. Out of the shadows somebody ran at him and knocked him off his bike. This caused him to break his clavicle. By the time he hit the ground another person was on top of him taking his bag and bike. They tried to get into his pockets but he started kicking then and traffic had caught up by then and they were honking and stopped these aholes from getting anything else. The cops came and he said that they were very helpfull. He got an abulance to county and was out after a long wait with only the broken clavicle. They eneded up finding his bike at a nearby bar. This majorly sucks for him since he has no insurance. I know that some of you have had simular experiences and I have heard about the victum insurence that would help pay his hospital bills. I would appreciate any info that I could pass on to him about this.

Keep it safe out there and keep your eyes open.

Views: 493

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

here is one answer, just hope 2 blasts is enough......
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/road-bikes/product-accessories/20...
2 to the chest 1 to the dome! They call it the triple tap!
http://www.defensedevices.com/bearpepspray.html

Tried and true.

Pablo said:
Anybody know where can I purchase bear spray?
Maybe so, but I've seen them turn horrible corners into quiet corners many times now.

Chuck a Muck said:
Police cameras are a false sense of security, since they are not live monitored... Only after you have been beaten and robbed of your shit will they look at your blue light camera.. If then....
It's all smoke and mirrors folks...
Indoor vs outdoor shootings?
Thanks.

JD Churchill said:
ok there's a church just north of an alley on oakley after you pass jackson, i think i really should post again after i go through there tonight, but i think the church is a good landmark. they came out of the alley. i mean we're talking like 11 year olds here. but at first i was like holy shit is that a real . . . and then i heard it make that piddly thwack that beebee guns make and heard the pellet hit a car behind me. not surprising as the dude wasn't using the sight thingy and shooting from the hip. i turned around and they ran like hell down the alley. i tried calling the cops on my cell phone and it rang like 10x so i just hung up and chalked it up to childish mischief and went on my merry way
Yeah, 2 blocks down and around the corner...

H3N3 said:
Maybe so, but I've seen them turn horrible corners into quiet corners many times now.

Chuck a Muck said:
Police cameras are a false sense of security, since they are not live monitored... Only after you have been beaten and robbed of your shit will they look at your blue light camera.. If then....
Sometimes. But often 2 blocks down and around the corner doesn't work for whatever reason the "bad" corner was the meeting/hangout/watchpost/gateway/deal center and the action does just sort of 'go away.'

Chuck a Muck said:

H3N3 said:

Chuck a Muck said:
If it moves the action around the corner and down the block, away from the intersection where you've had problems, it can work in your favor.

H3N3 said:
Sometimes. But often 2 blocks down and around the corner doesn't work for whatever reason the "bad" corner was the meeting/hangout/watchpost/gateway/deal center and the action does just sort of 'go away.'

Chuck a Muck said:

H3N3 said:

Chuck a Muck said:
After reading the other posts Im seriously concidering this.

Michael A said:
I found a video review of this product

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=PRODUCT_REVIEW&AR...'kimber'&RETURNLINK=%2Fza%2FCCY%3FPAGE%3DPRODUCT_REVIEWS%26QUERY%3Dkimber%26RETURN%3Dmain%20reviews%20page&PRODUCT_REVIEW_PAGE=&SEARCH_NAME=&QUERY_BRAND=

Davo said:
After reading the other posts Im seriously concidering this.

Michael A said:
Click on this if you just don't wanna mess around...

...or you could go this route. Melt em down when yer done.

Pablo said:
Anybody know where can I purchase bear spray?
Taser C2 in colors to match you powder-coated frame, Velocity Deep-V's or custom tires. No handlebar bag should be without one.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service