The Chainlink

Just One Reason Why Riding the Metra Train is More Fun Than Driving a Car

This took place about midnight on the Union Pacific North Line, running south from Kenosha to Evanston, 12/21/2012.  Fun!

Views: 1027

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in. See you Tuesday eve.

Dave - Glad you're in.  Who else is a "yes" for Tuesday night?

Anne Alt 2-10 said:

Just a reminder, since we're coming up on the date.... I hope that all of you who responded "yes" are still able to come.  To those who haven't responded, or who said "maybe," I'm planning to make a reservation, so it would be great to get an update on how many folks to expect. Looking forward to Tuesday.

Anne, sorry, but probably not.

No love for Rush's Neil Peart?  What gives?

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, Art Blakey . . . .Thunder Snow!  

Thunder Snow said:

Bring an instrument and sit in, David!  Or at least enjoy a tall pint of Guinness, Magner's or Smithwick's in a friendly pub.  I often play an Irish frame drum, called a bodhran, which is the instrument of many of us folks who possess no musical talent whatsoever.  ("What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?  A drummer.")

David Barish said:

So, which Tuesday are we riding, or perhaps in Anne's case taking the train, to Celtic Knot?  

Haven't seen the saw played in years.  It has a very cool sound.

Thunder Snow <1.9 miles> said:

Alas, the bike chain guitar picture was stolen off the interwebs; I don't know where it is in Real Life.  However, one fellow just built a Theremin and is threatening to bring it.  And there was that guy who showed up a couple months ago with a musical saw.

David Barish said:

I am no longer on the EBC board so I can be free whenever you want to go.  I want to see the bicycle chain guitar pictured on Thunder snow's page.

I'll be walking over.  See ya around 7.

I plan to be there, ojalá.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Celtic Knot. Hopefully we won't get washed away on the way there.

Anne

Are you riding or taking the train? Are you bringing an instrument? I have wanted to try out some rain gear and will slosh my way up there on the bike. If you are on two wheels I will be glad to ride up with you.

Wish I could share the ride with you.  I'll be going by train - no instrument, just me.

David Barish 13.9 said:

Anne

Are you riding or taking the train? Are you bringing an instrument? I have wanted to try out some rain gear and will slosh my way up there on the bike. If you are on two wheels I will be glad to ride up with you.

Thanks to everyone who came tonight.  It was great fun.

Dave - Congrats on the successful test of your new rain gear.  Hope your ride home was uneventful.

Christine 5.0 - I hope your ride was also uneventful.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service