The Chainlink

I guess if someone really wants your bike, you don't have a chance.  Take a look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ansaTSw3nbs

Views: 1030

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Probably as easy to avoid the shards of glass as it is to avoid the stream of molten steel.

Moc Artsy said:
Possible to coat a U-lock in perforated or pre-shattered glass so it would shower with shards anyone taking a grinder to it? 

Cameron,

Leaving the locks at places I visit often is a great idea, thanks.  Does anyone think it would be in bad taste to leave a set of 3 locks at Target?  I'm more concerned what other bikers would think than I am with what Target would think.

I'm just curious.  I visit there very often and the idea of not having to carry the weight or take up the space of locks when shopping is VERY appealing.  

Cameron Puetz said:
If you want the security, but don't want the weight, leave a chain at racks you use frequently. I keep heavy duty security chain on the rack at my office so that when I commute I only have to carry the mini u-lock and cable lock combo I use for running quick errands, but still have the higher security level where my bike is locked for 8-12 hours.

Robert said:

Kevin, h'

The Chain/lock combo @ the bikeregistry is INCREDIBLE! Add that to 2 U Locks and I'm set!

It's heavy, but with 1 for ea. wheel to connect it to the frame and the chain to connect it to a solid post, it could be easier to hook up and more secure at the same time.  Granted, it would be VERY heavy, but Clementine (my bikes name) is worth it! :)

I'd probably ask permission of the store manager first, emphasizing to him or her how much money you spend there every week.  Otherwise, you may find one day that they've cut them off the rack as "abandoned locks".

Robert said:

Does anyone think it would be in bad taste to leave a set of 3 locks at Target?  I'm more concerned what other bikers would think than I am with what Target would think.

This just posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaqlnlGblx4&feature=youtu.be

Union station, August 17.

Brian,the victim, recovered the bike this past weekend at Swap O Rama.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service