The Chainlink

OK - it's Friday (TGIF btw) and I am going to unload a M_A_J_O_R VENTra...I got my card in the mail; followed the instuctions to activate it (very poor btw) and received a message that 'my card is already activated' (wtf). OK - I'll play along. I do not know the access code (never set it up - do-h); cannot log in to retrieve it (two strikes for you), so I call the "toll free" number (what a joke); and to speak with someone about it I am told

(with a very cheery female voice (oh spare me honey) "your wait time will be approximately 26 minutes". yeah right. like I have NOTHING better to do than sit on hold

and listen to this nauseating music (good thing I collect barf bags from southwest airlines (now THERE is a company with awesome customer service btw - can you say capitalism with a KAPITAL SEE?????). VENTRA darling - you get a BIG FAT F- in my grade book. I am flushing this lovely little card down the toilet. Oh wait - i will use my handy dandy "pick puncher" and make some nice guitar picks out of you; it was nice knowing you. and why do I hate the CTA ??? let me count the ways. When I get even a B+ from my customers I have to meet with them to see what ever I can do to change that grade to an A+.

OK - I feel SO much better now...TGIF

Views: 5456

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe the largest transit system is referring to the area covered by the system.  NY Transit has a higher ridership but it might be that the geographical area covered by it is smaller than what the CTA covers.

Matt M. 18.5KM said:

Well....Penn Station DOES handle 600,000 passengers per day and the "biggest system" factoid was given to me by a Ventra rep....hehe... :-)

Anne Alt said:

NYC has the biggest system in the U.S.

BruceBikes said:

Is that true?!  I would have thought NYC, at least, had a way bigger system.

Edit: Daily weekday public transit ridership: NYC - 8.5mil, Chicago - 1.9mil (including Metra), LA - 1.5mil.  (Per Wikipedia)  I was just curious.  Carry on with the Ventra tales.

Matt M. 18.5KM said:

Chicago has a bigger public transportation network than New York or Los Angeles,....

...which is totally f'd up and somehow more people wind up driving rather than taking a bus or train.

S said:

Maybe the largest transit system is referring to the area covered by the system.  NY Transit has a higher ridership but it might be that the geographical area covered by it is smaller than what the CTA covers.

Matt M. 18.5KM said:

Well....Penn Station DOES handle 600,000 passengers per day and the "biggest system" factoid was given to me by a Ventra rep....hehe... :-)

Anne Alt said:

NYC has the biggest system in the U.S.

BruceBikes said:

Is that true?!  I would have thought NYC, at least, had a way bigger system.

Edit: Daily weekday public transit ridership: NYC - 8.5mil, Chicago - 1.9mil (including Metra), LA - 1.5mil.  (Per Wikipedia)  I was just curious.  Carry on with the Ventra tales.

Matt M. 18.5KM said:

Chicago has a bigger public transportation network than New York or Los Angeles,....

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service