The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Many things work like kryptonite on me: sloth, water, and cold being some of the greener isotopes, though ice is clearly the greenest of them all.

in it to win it 8.0 mi said:

Again, ice is my kryptonite.

One of my coworkers forwarded me a weather warning for more snow today.  1-2 inches with more on the other side of Lake Michigan.  So long as it's clear by tonight...

"sloth"?  As in you are too lazy to ride? ;-)

Skip Montanaro 12mi said:

Many things work like kryptonite on me: sloth, water, and cold being some of the greener isotopes, though ice is clearly the greenest of them all.

in it to win it 8.0 mi said:

Again, ice is my kryptonite.

Something like that, yeah.  I get up at 5am-ish, look at the thermometer and the darkness and think, "Hmmm, the train sure seems like a better option..."  On the plus side, I also swim, so on days when I fail to get up the gumption to ride, I will often head to the pool. 

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

"sloth"?  As in you are too lazy to ride? ;-)

Yes, but I'm not that hairy, certainly not on top of my head. :-)

For more bike ride photos from today when prayer to the gods of studded tirees and granny rings paid off, click here.

I had a lovely 7 mile ride this morning in Beverly and Morgan Park. Clean pavement, pleasant sun and no wind - delightful!

West town and back this AM/afternoon.  Felt like a strong headwind both ways but I think it may have just been the studded tires....  As of this afternoon there's no pavement that justifies them-- we're down to either dry pavement or "bumpy" ice, and they don't do well on either.

Heading out tomorrow to visit transplanted Chicagoan relatives who want Italian Beef.  So, I rode from home to Portillo's and back in the sort of rain.  I think the ladies at the catering counter were amused when I told them I was going to squish it all into my pannier.

Lisa, your pannier will smell beefalicious for months to come.  I wouldn't be surprised if you now have a trail of yapping dogs following you everywhere you ride.

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Heading out tomorrow to visit transplanted Chicagoan relatives who want Italian Beef.  So, I rode from home to Portillo's and back in the sort of rain.  I think the ladies at the catering counter were amused when I told them I was going to squish it all into my pannier.

Yapping Gene's, too.

I thought I saw a recumbent trike with a flamingo in my rear view mirror . . . .

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service