The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138510

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Indeed it was. :-)

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

Hey, pardon me for butting in, but I just wanted to say that the weather on the ride home was spectacular and I really enjoyed that ride!

Yes, it was a great ride home last night. And I agree with Adam. :)

No.  Freezing rain is my kryptonite.

I haven't seen any pictures of the mini-plow in action yet, have any of you? They should add it to the Plow Tracker site so we can know its whereabouts.

Roads where better than I anticipated (between 7:00-7:45a). I was slightly worried since all the sidewalks were a slick mess when I walked the dogs at 6.

I am anxious to see what the commute home brings. Weather.com says rain in the afternoon then snow after 5... I wish the weather would make up its dang mind! 

Side streets near me were questionable so took Milwaukee.  The traffic at 7:15 to 7:30 was light and the rode was just wet.  Bridge over Dearborn seemed okay, but, as usual, I rode really slowly.

I rode in this morning. I saw the freezing rain advisory, but decided to give it a shot anyway. I encountered light snow and sleet but no freezing rain. The roads were all clear and I had no issues with traction.

I have taken to walking my bike over the Dearborn bridge until the metal plates are installed. It's not worth the risk, especially in this wet weather.

I suspect road salt. Thanks for the reminder to clean our tires.

For the first time this winter, I rode the CTA to work this morning. I got some reports of very icy roads. Of course, on my walk to the el station the roads seemed fine. wah

Diego Rael said:

I wanted to ride but last night after I got home I heard a loud pop like a firecracker. My rear tire exploded. There was a one inch tear in the sidewall.Lucky it happened at home and not on the road. I guess it's to be expected with 3000 miles on them. Will buy some new ones tonight after work and be on the road again tomorrow. 

Rain in a deal-killer for me so I took the train this morning, and was delayed by 2(!) instances of standees fainting for standing wrong.  But damn I envy anyone biking home tonight.  It's beautiful!

Would be nice to see some of The winter cycling warriors(ANY BIKE/Persons WELCOME) all skill levels come out and mingle with one another;

This coming Monday. Oh we know it's cold out, we all have work & Obligations to attend...

However Just think about how nice it is to Get the 1st Night of the work week rolling around Chicago Exploring on bicycles Having Fun  and meeting  Other cyclists.

ROLL WITH US INTO THE UNKNOWN!

I hope you all can check out Our Event This Coming Monday The 11th

It should be a blast we hope to make new friends and start a new weekly community!!

www.thechainlink.org/events/monday-night-ride

I'm trying to find the right word for the weather conditions I just experienced on the ride home.

Candidates include:

"Indecent"

"Inappropriate"

"Obnoxious"

Feels so great to be inside.... but I gotta turn right back around and head to the west loop...

I left the loop at about 4:40 and was home around 5:05.  It was a beautiful ride.  Temperature was great and the snow was pretty, even on Milwaukee Avenue.  I was glad to get home, though, since it was piling up fast and the side streets were already getting icy.  Be safe, h'.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service