Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes.

I like your daily roll call check-in.

H3N3 said:

Yes.

I actually decided to walk and/or bus when I went to bed last night.

But I dawdled . . .

in it to win it said:

I like your daily roll call check-in.

H3N3 said:

Yes.
I rode. But I picked a hell of a winter to get back into it :P
Thanks to West Town my bike is rideable again, but the ride home was brutal 5 degrees with a ? wind chill.
Fr fr fr fr frozen....
Seconded, the windchill sucks even more if you are going against the wind and have any reasonable speed.

Gabe said:
Fr fr fr fr frozen....

I rode my bike yesterday. It was one of the coldest days I have had. Again--bike ride not too bad, but the walking around...oy vey! I did notice after awhile that I couldn't really feel my legs above me knees...argh, mateys!

I'm concerned about today. My dog's still in bed. I am not looking forward to our morning walk.

On a brighter note--it was really sunny yesterday and it was somewhat light out by 5:30 when I finished my errands. Coldest errand run ever. Wet feets, too :(

Rode in this am.  Streets not bad.

@Holly, when it dips below 10 degrees I put a doggie blue bag on each foot between my socks and the shoe; works for warmth and dryness, at least for me.

Cold. Cold. Cold.

It took all the fun out of it. Luckily the weather got countered somewhat by two jaywalking pedestrians that I turned into one squeaker and one jumper.

It's come to this, hasn't it? The old plastic bag foot.

I'm angling to get free boots from the manufacturer who claims they sold me waterproof boots last year. Until that happens, I think I'll be blue baggin' it! Thanks for reminding me of that solution.

I thought about it for a minute yesterday and then thought I should soldier on...you know how that is... You're miserable about something and you just carry on with what you're doing even though you know that one little modification (like putting bags on your feet) would be the way to solve the problem? By the time I got serious, my wool socks were wet, so I just thought, "Oh, forget it!" and wrote a letter to the boot manufacturer...a nicely worded letter that may very well get me some free boots. I won't use 'em for dog walking, but will use for less snowy weather. They're so lightweight and comfortable! Side zip, too. These are key things for someone who takes her boots off at least 10 times an afternoon.

in it to win it said:

Rode in this am.  Streets not bad.

@Holly, when it dips below 10 degrees I put a doggie blue bag on each foot between my socks and the shoe; works for warmth and dryness, at least for me.

I just added air to my rear tire and fuel to my tank. (Bike tire and stomach, that is!) I guess I'm riding today and getting a very late start at that.

It's been brutal just walking around with dogs this morning, but I can do it, right? By 4, I'm going to be an ice cube.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service