The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138510

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

~1400 W. Pershing?

Tony Adams said:

In the original "I'm hardcore" spirit of this thread... The wind was not horrible, but the huge box of recycling served as a pretty good sail/parachute.

Good thing that bike has a coaster brake (not that I needed it much with all that weight) as it freed up a hand to keep that load steady. A huge box on a tiny front rack is not optimal - but the recycling facility is pretty close, so it was not a problem.

Yep! 

h' said:

~1400 W. Pershing?

Windy and chilly along LFP NB this afternoon, got passed by another biker, felt old. 

3 Floyd's FTW!

Ha, 'twas very good sir; and very nice to meet you.

I took the day off today from riding..knee is still sore from yesterday.

We should do it again sometime.  I'm looking forward to Tour de Shore as one my next adventures.  

Rode south on the LFP and then went into the city to avoid wind. Nice ride overall, went way further than I anticipated.

Holy wind batman!  I could only muster up 8mph along the lakefront around 330.  Face is still frozen.  Miss my beard.

While at my neighborhood Clean & Green on Saturday I bent over to pick up some trash and snapped the seat clamp on the frame. I need a new frame. Grrrr. Backup beautiful black bike is a 1954 Schwinn. It is taking me awhile to get used to two-wheeling, but I am getting it.

For more lakefront bike ride photos for Friday, April 20, 2012, go here.

Grrrr.... indeed!

Can the frame be attended to, brazing?

Nice to see the '54 bike back in action.  It looks like it might be a tiny to an 1/8" small though?

That looks pretty awesome. I'm debating it, as it does look slightly costly.

James BlackHeron said:

We should do it again sometime.  I'm looking forward to Tour de Shore as one my next adventures.  

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service