The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138510

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am going out in a bit with gore-tex socks, rainpants, a rain jacket over my normal stuff and a shower-cap between my balaclava and helmet. Not too pretty, but effective for at least an hour.

Jim S said:

Got soaked to the core on my ride home. How do you guys keep dry on days like today, where there is a fairly persistent rain going? 

I was fully kitted out in my rain gear for my ride home from work this evening.  I managed to stay mostly dry. It was the rain/snow on my glasses that was the real problem.

Sounds like I need some 'rain specific' stuff. I'm also going to try to cut out part of a milk jug to add a ghetto fab to my front clip on fender. I was getting sprayed so badly, I wondered why I even bothered putting it on.

Sic

Lovely bike driving today.  Pumped about meeting all ya'all at the Chicago Bike Swamp.

Gene, your Native American name is, "Dances with Light."

Work late? I don't recommend it as a regular practice, but it worked for me yesterday. Looking forward to the ride up to Pulaski Park today! 

Gene, thanks for sharing your story! I'm sure I'd react in a similar way.

Mark - yeah that exposure problem made for some beautiful shots. Now please stop making me want to move out of the city! I have a life here!

Jim S said:

Got soaked to the core on my ride home. How do you guys keep dry on days like today, where there is a fairly persistent rain going? 

Riding down to the bike swap today- We will have to drag the trailer out as we may just buy too much to haul home in a bag or pannier. Might be a little chilly, but should be fun & I hope to see some of you there. 

I will be bringing my trailer too.  I hope the trailer doesn't cause an issue with the bike valet. 

Bike Swap was a ton of fun!  Met some new friends, old friends and missed a few people.  Schwartzkopff did a punk job running the show for Active Trans.  The vendors I spoke to, had very positive feedback.  Patrons were happily buying.  The volunteer forces were amazing, including the Racketeers's.  

Nice to meet ChicAgo's bike driving community first hand. 

i've been holed up in the house for the last few Crazy Warm Days since my son's been ill, finally managed to get out and pick up some groceries and god damn it went all cold again

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service