The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can only imagine the folder set up on his desktop.

Spelunking through the west side. Came across some boisterous youth at a corner. Ducked down an icy alley for my getaway. One punk slammed down hard on the black ice. The rest stopped and laughed at thier fallen comrade and my fortunate getaway.

Juan said:

All that melted snow turned to ice! So glad I ride my cardide Nokian studs.

Had to mail some parts this afternoon so set off to the PO on my first bike purchase from thechainlink.  Nice enough out to keep riding, so I headed for some gravel to test out the Kenda knobbies.  Gravel turned to mud  where the sun had warmed the surface.  The next turn yielded a mile of sheer ice, so I rode that stretch in the snowy ditch.  So the bike was well christened with a range of conditions. 

Yep. I wish it could be as sunny as yesterday, though. At least we will have an above freezing commute on the way home.

That's wonderful :)

Not yet

Jealous . . .

Minh said:

Not yet

Another great commute today. Barely a breath of wind. I overheated a couple of times and ended up just unzipping my wind breaker completely and removing my gaiter. 

The photo (hopefully attached) is actually from Saturday, when my boyfriend and I took the lakefront trail down to Polar Adventure Day on Northerly Island. But I rode downtown to work today too, and I must say it was a lot easier!

Attachments:

Best  one to date.

h' said:

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service