The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 138509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ใช่

Sunday Mornings are the best time on the streets, light traffic, fast and smooth.  P.M. was nudie eye city.  Which shows much more hardheaded than hardcore.  Hardcore would have safeties.  Wingnut, that's the subgroup I best fit into.  

Quiet ride this afternoon with very little traffic. Little or no wind and smooth sailing.

Good to be back on it after being out of circulation all week due to a cold.

After a week of strong winds that always seem to be a headwind. I had a nice ride home tonight with

a 11 mph headwind. Not bad, And light snow,

Some pics I took next to Finkl Steel from Kingsbury

Monday was a good day to commute from the north side with a tailwind each way. The only downside was when I spilled on black ice this morning at the Oak Street curve. No harm to self or bike, thankfully.

The trail was dry this evening.

I left Rogers Park at about 9 this morning for the loop.  Didn't realize how bad the black ice problem was in the shady streets until I hit the ground at Greenview and Albion. I was going straight through but had to make a gentle bow in my line for the micro-roundabout installed there, and lost it at the apex.   No one saw me eat pavement so my pride was intact, and I just got a small hip scrape and hole in my long-legged spandies.

The rest of the ride in was sunny and crunchy (unmelted salt) on the LFP.  The ride back home at about 8pm had a sweet tailwind.  First ride back in the dark this year too.  Sign me up for tomorrow!  I see we'll get a sweet tailwind going northbound again but the southbound trip will be a battle.

I've missed riding these past few days.  This winter has been amazing for cyclists i believe.  But my chains were so dirty it needed some tender loving care before i ride it to death this spring and summer. I do hope to soon get it back.  I've been asking around the bike shops out here if they have classes on bike maintenance, but none of them have any and cannot commute to the city as much as i'd like. 

S/SW winds are annoying. At least I can enjoy the 'W' part of it on the way home.

I am trying to see the headwinds this morning as just another endurance training aid. Really, really trying. Otherwise, it is a gorgeous day to ride.

I had *one of those days* at work, but being able to simply throw on my knickers (instead of thermal, midlayer, tights, calf length wool socks) and head out the door with my bike made it all go away. It is outstanding conditions for riding out there, sans the gusting wind. The first time I got hit with one of those 35 mph gusts, I thought I was going to fly backwards. Fighting the wind when it's this fast makes you think you could probably just get off and walk, and it would be faster.

I'm looking forward to doing it all over again tomorrow!

Very nice shoulders in the early pics before dark!

mark stetson said:

Nice day on Thursday, so I got out for 38 miles in the hills on a SS.  Sorry about the washed out images, I had left the exposure set on full from the previous ride's after sundown pics.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service