The Chainlink

Nice first ride in the COLD.

Views: 134699

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I rode in this morning. Warm, but I fought a headwind the whole way. Brought my rain gear, but it didn't end up raining this AM.

The NWS issued a flood watch for this afternoon, so watch out for standing water on the roadways.

Yeah, huge headwind coming in from the north. I hope the direction does not change before the evening commute.  I have a feeling all that rain gear will come in handy for the return ride.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

I rode in this morning. Warm, but I fought a headwind the whole way. Brought my rain gear, but it didn't end up raining this AM.

The NWS issued a flood watch for this afternoon, so watch out for standing water on the roadways.

For more bike commute photos from today, click here.

I rode last night 5 miles in the rain. Felt great!!!

2-1/2 blocks from home and the downpour started. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

'Tis amazing how wet you can get in 2-1/2 blocks.

The rain gear paid off for my two minutes of downpour. ;-)

I rode today.  The morning was fine.  The evening commute was in a heavy downpour.  But I was fully kitted out in my rain gear, and exept for my feet, I stayed dry.

good! 

Lisa Curcio 4.0 mi said:

The rain gear paid off for my two minutes of downpour. ;-)

Was a bit sweaty this morning (wore my baselayer+ wind jacket, still a bit much for 60 degrees).  Left work at 4 PM and booked it like no ones business to get home before the rain hit

Rode home in the downpour. Not as bad as I was expecting, though. For anyone planning on riding later, watch out – the roads are starting to flood.

I love riding in the rain!  Especially when it's warm out.  Today was especially fun with the tailwind helping me out on the way home.

Note: the dead, frozen rat I kept running over near Webster and Southport is no longer frozen.  Gross.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service