The Chainlink

How many other cyclists did you see on your commute this morning?

I'll start: 1.

Views: 8398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I saw about seven or eight commuters and two or three fitness-types (or else they keep their clothes at work).  I was hoping there would be more since it's so much warmer today.

No.  I'm coming from the west to the loop.

h' $550 said:

You take Lakeshore Drive to work?

Banshee: 5-7mi said:

Today I saw a total of seven cyclist, two on their own bikes and five were on divvy.

I saw zero bikes on my way in today, and yet, four of the five spots in the rack in my office building were occupied. Hmph! 

I saw about 8 folks on 18 the this am and even some other guy on Western. No one on Divvys. 1 guy, mid 40s? on a bmx at Western and Ogden.

Too subtle.

h' $550 said:

You take Lakeshore Drive to work?

Banshee: 5-7mi said:

Today I saw a total of seven cyclist, two on their own bikes and five were on divvy.

I commute from Lincoln Square to Evanston. 2 were heading south on Ravenswood, 1 heading north in Evanston.

I didn't count, but less than yesterday. Which is odd, because it's much warmer than yesterday... people must have hit that cold yesterday and thought "ok now I'm done" 

I think I saw 0 today.

Zero.

Cermak/California area.

rwein5 said:

Where on Earth are you riding? There was probably close to a dozen this morning on the LFT

h' 1.0 said:

I think I saw 0 today.

I actually saw 2 people (riding separately) near 95th & Wood on my trip this a.m. - unusual for this time of year, when I typically don't see many people riding in my 'hood.

One on Milwaukee at Wolcott/Wood, and then no one on my side street route until Kinzie/Milwaukee/DesPlaines where I saw only one turning from Milwaukee to Kinzie.  Then no more until I turned onto Dearborn. 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service