The Chainlink

When a website that claims to be promoting local cycling in the city of Chicago has a banner ad for a site which is one of the many internet discount outlets that make it hard for local bike shops.

Way to go Chainlink, bravo.  Is the advertising dollar worth making things harder on the local shops here in Chicago?

Is this site about serving the local community or is it about being a profit center for it's owner?

Views: 6733

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What sort of Paleo nonsense is this, using a child to advocate consumption of RAW bacon?  Commies everywhere, that's what this thread has devolved to!

Brendan said:

Craig S. said:

I can't wait for bacon to make an appearance in this thread.

mmmmmmmmmm...........bacon..............

Brendan said:

Craig S. said:

I can't wait for bacon to make an appearance in this thread.

Guilty as charged.

Just don't call me a Statist.  Because much pain, suffering, grief, and downright mass-murder has been committed by those who conflated The People with The State.

Give me a world where hoomanz are so damn productive that necessities like food, shelter, clothing, education, knowledge, and even energy are so plentiful and cheap that they could be called FREE.

How do we get there?  It isn't through Protectionism/nationalism or any other sort of artificial scarcities imposed by the state. 

Zero-sum -that's how it is done.

Ash L. said:

I'll call you a Commie!

James BlackHeron said:

Imagine ALL the people, living life in peace.

Call me a dreamer...

Best bacon in the UNIVERSE?....Bobby Nelson in WI...

If you don't mind, I will take it one step further.  We don't get there by posting on bike forums, either.  Nor do we get there by hijacking innocent altruistic threads.  

Now, on with the bacon talk!

James BlackHeron said:

Guilty as charged.

Just don't call me a Statist.  Because much pain, suffering, grief, and downright mass-murder has been committed by those who conflated The People with The State.

Give me a world where hoomanz are so damn productive that necessities like food, shelter, clothing, education, knowledge, and even energy are so plentiful and cheap that they could be called FREE.

How do we get there?  It isn't through Protectionism/nationalism or any other sort of artificial scarcities imposed by the state. 

Zero-sum -that's how it is done.

We aren't NOT getting there by posting on bicycle forums either.

I don't mind.

Ya going there soon?  Can I place an order?

Bernard Joseph Hannigan said:

Best bacon in the UNIVERSE?....Bobby Nelson in WI...

I like to mail-order my Lop Yuk bacon direct from China. 

I like to go to Olivia's Market and pay 15 dollars for a pack of Oscar Meyer bacon.  

Just keepin' the local businesses thrivin', yall.  

Post #198.

Is the auto-close at 200 still enabled?

Only one way to find out...

h' said:

Post #198.

Is the auto-close at 200 still enabled?

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service