The Chainlink

Has anyone noticed northbound traffic lights on Wells St in River North?

Has anyone noticed what appear to be northbound traffic lights installed recently on Wells St? I'm not certain at which intersections exactly, but in the vicinity of Grand/Ohio/Ontario. I have hoped that a northbound bike lane would be added to Wells, although these don't appear to be bike traffic lights (as on the Dearborn PBL). Is anyone aware of these, and why they have been installed? Thanks!

Views: 222

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They have been there as long as I can remember. I think Wells was a two way street at some point.

CDOT has no plans to build a contra-flow bike lane on Wells.

Duppie - thank you. I ride or walk on Wells most days, and was certain that these were recent additions - in the last few months; last night I noticed that some of the actual lights are wrapped in plastic, as though new and not yet "unwrapped". Although I've lived here most of the last 34 years, I can't recall Wells being a two-way street there - but I don't specifically recall that's it's always been one-way either. In any case, than you for taking the time to respond.

I've often wondered about those. Those lights have been there for at least the last 2 or 3 years..

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service