The Chainlink

Do you think people break bottles on the LFP on purpose?  I'm thinking specifically of the stretch between Oak and Grand.  There were a couple spots this morning, and I got a couple flats on that stretch about a month or two ago.

Does some of it get washed up with the waves?

Its confusing sometimes too because, mixed in with the actual glass, are some shiny mineral bits embedded in the pavement that look like glass in the morning light.

Do I call 311 to get that swept, or the park district?

Views: 637

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You're welcome.

JeffB said:

Thank you Anne

Anne Alt said:

I emailed a contact earlier today and just got an update that a park district crew is taking care of it now.  Should be clear for this evening's commute.

You might want to check back with that person.  The glass was still there this morning.  Specifically:

- at the Oak St curve, at the top of the incline (just south/east of where the cafe was)

- a little north of Chicago Ave

- a little south of Chicago Ave

And elsewhere, there's also glass just north of the museum campus hill, on that brief patch of new pavement.  I'll be reporting that on the park district website too.

Anne Alt said:

You're welcome.

JeffB said:

Thank you Anne

Anne Alt said:

I emailed a contact earlier today and just got an update that a park district crew is taking care of it now.  Should be clear for this evening's commute.

I've brushed off my regular path with my shoe if I've encountered the same glass multiple times. Glass seems to be a constant in Humboldt Park and I'm never quite sure when it'll be swept otherwise.

I've shared this info with them.  Thanks for the update.

JeffB said:

You might want to check back with that person.  The glass was still there this morning.  Specifically:

- at the Oak St curve, at the top of the incline (just south/east of where the cafe was)

- a little north of Chicago Ave

- a little south of Chicago Ave

And elsewhere, there's also glass just north of the museum campus hill, on that brief patch of new pavement.  I'll be reporting that on the park district website too.

Anne Alt said:

You're welcome.

JeffB said:

Thank you Anne

Anne Alt said:

Yeah, it was still there this morning, between 650 North and 900 North or so.

There some big chunks of glass at around 850 South, too.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service