Hi, I have quite a few parts available from bikes that I never ended up building, or bikes that I build but then quickly upgraded. These parts are all new/NOS or very gently used. I'm located a couple of blocks off the Oak Park blue line stop, and work in the loop most every weekday. Cash, Venmo, PayPal are all good.
- Velo Orange Grand Cru 118 English square taper bottom bracket. NOS. $35.
- Ritchey WCS 1-bolt Seatpost, 300mm x 27.2mm, very good condition. 206 grams on my scale. $30.
- Bontrager XXX Light carbon stem with carbon top cap, 90mm, 31.8mm. Really cool stem, quite light at 118 grams. Excellent condition. $30.
- Panaracer Pasela PT 700x28c folding tires. Very little use. No noticeable wear to the tread or sidewalls. I've found the Pasela PT to be simply the best commuting tire for puncture resistance and all around comfort. $40 for the pair.
- Continental Grand Prix 4-Season 700x28c folding tires. Little wear on these, excellent tires for commuting and for general road riding/training. $30 for the pair.
- Continental Grand Prix 4-Season 700x23c folding tires. A little less visible wear than the larger version above. $30 for the pair.
- Kenda K809 MTB tires, 26x1.5". Good basic MTB tires. Brand new. $10 for the pair.
- A whole bunch of lightweight 700c tubes. Most are for 18-23 or 23-28 wide tires, and most are "race" light in the 95-125 gram range. I think I have more than 12 of them (not all are pictured), and they're all new, but many are not in the box. I'll count them before we make a deal, but how about $30 for the lot?
- Pacenti SL23 650b v2 rims, (not pictured) these are NOS from when the SL23 was discontinued, never built up. I have three 32-hole rims, and two 28-hole rims available. They all weigh around 415 grams, plus or minus a few. For those who don't know, the SL23 v2 solved a lot of issues, but because these rims have a reputation for a thin brake track, I recommend using these for disc wheels. $40 each. If you want more than one, definitely throw me an offer.
- Alex R400 700c 32h rims, silver. These have been previously built up, but used very little before I tore them down and cannibalized the hubs for a 650b wheelset. They appear virtually new, no perceptible wear to the machined brake track. Weight is almost exactly as advertised on my scale, 399 and 403 grams. $60 for the pair.