The Chainlink

Enjoy the day and ride to work today. Just don't forget your rain gear

Views: 508

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where do you work? If you're in the loop somewhere I've got a 700x19-26 tube you can use

thanks for the offer! That's kind of you.

I do work in the loop, but don't have any tools and would rather avoid the hassle of changing on the street. Thanks again. 

I've got tools if you need to borrow them.

MK said:

I do work in the loop, but don't have any tools and would rather avoid the hassle of changing on the street. Thanks again. 

Yeah, the collective of us that work in the loop will have the tools. My fastest time changing a rear tire tube is 10 minutes. So not much of a hassle.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

MK said:

Yup. My bike is outside but a spare  700  X 19-28, tire levers, and a pump are in my office. You can bring up the wheel. But then again, its ok to use the incipient monsoon as a criterion for avoidance.

J.A.W. 15.08 km said:

Yeah, the collective of us that work in the loop will have the tools. My fastest time changing a rear tire tube is 10 minutes. So not much of a hassle.

Adam Herstein (5.5 mi) said:

MK said:

dang y'all are making it hard to resort to CTA! haha.

I'm just going to chalk this one up to the forthcoming rain and take the bus home, but will definitely remember the chainlinks collective good will next time I'm stuck. Thanks!

Some one stole my finder a while back but with weather like this you can't pass it up, rode all day - my whole back / ass was covered with grit, dirt and grime.  Worth it.

h

ha!!!

David Barish 13.9 said:

But then again, its ok to use the incipient monsoon as a criterion for avoidance.

I just made it home... damn it's dark out there!  That's some loud rain.

Got caught in about two minutes of downpour, but made it home before the (so far) worst of it.

Rode home in the downpour. Not as bad as I was expecting, though. For anyone planning on riding later, watch out – the roads are starting to flood.

Well prepared for the monsoon I giddily pedaled north to meet at the Celtic Knot in Evanston. I came home later in the rain with a silly grin on my face. I felt like a little kid.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service