The Chainlink

Do you use the McDonald's Cycle Center at Millennium Park?

(I searched for any prior threads on this and found nothing recent.)

I'm writing a blog post about how I think the McDonald's Cycle Center is at an odd location. I realize that I never hear people in the bike community mention the cycle center. But supposedly 500 people are members, and there is a waiting list. So I ask here: Do you use it regularly? Ever? Why or why not? 

Views: 1057

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A waiting list and hundreds of members, and it's a bad location?  All that says to me is that we need more of these in several places downtown.

Also, re: the Randolph bike lane, until 2 weeks ago I'd never seen a car/van/truck ticketed for parking in it.  I've used this bike lane for 2-3 years now.  I've complained to a few different people, and have seen 3 cops ticketing in the last few weeks.  Some sort of progress.

If I commuted on the lakefront path and worked at Aon Center, Prudential Center or another nearby building (within a block or two), I'd find it ideal. I have friends who work on those buildings who have used it for years. I've used it occasionally, usually when going to concerts.

We need several more places like it in locations throughout the Loop.

You make a lot of good points in your post.  I've often been frustrated with Millennium Park's draconian security. Being able to legally ride through the park would certainly help with bike station access.  Having a better connection to the lakefront is LONG overdue.

Michelle Stenzel said:

Thanks for the additional input. My post is now published here

I think the facilities look very nice and I'm glad they're being used by a core of enthusiasts. The location actually is not bad, given that it's geographically not very distant from the LFT and the Loop; it's just that the access is not easy, as I discuss in the post.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service