The Chainlink

Got this in my inbox today from treehugger.com:

“When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking.” ― Arthur Conan Doyle

Views: 216

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Tom,

I'm a big garlic fan. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the garlic link on that page. Inquiring minds want to know.

Nice article though. I had to laugh. Everything in it is fairly obvious to us, and I think the author was trying to use some irony to make that point. I liked the EU PASTA project. Clearly inspired by the Italian contingent of the project, but I'm trying to cut down on carbs. Another good irony.

Looking ahead a little bit, I'm struggling with the problem of bike rage. In particular, the threads related to shoaling. This is an interesting subject that we need to explore in greater depth. Nobody had anything to say about my Shoaling theme song, so I think that's the best approach until somebody comes up with something better. 

I'm envisioning the non-shoalers busting out and doing a sort of spontaneous, Flash Mob singing thing, embarrassing the hell out of the shoalers.

Who knows, some of them may be so shocked that they stop (or at least slow down), reflect for a moment, and see the light, stopping the trailing shoalers in their tracks. There is a remote possibility that some of the more conciliatory among them may even join in the chorus. It could work!

Sorry, Mike, I just can't let it die.

Thanks, I needed that!

garlic is hard to grow properly in the garden. the slugs in the soil eat most of the garlic bulb even before it matures at harvest !  ;-)

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service