The Chainlink

I think it would be fun to assemble a picture/video archive representing movie-stars, musicians, politicians, etc ... on a BIKE. My pick is from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969). Pictured here is Paul Newman and Katharine Ross. One of the great classic scenes of Hollywood. Any more contributions to this thread are welcomed.

Views: 18715

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know about the bike...but those are his Moms jeans.

James BlackHeron said:

+1  Extra points for the trail-a-bike.

He doesn't look natural though.  Is it even his own bike?

Minh said:

And shouldn't his saddle be at least a couple inches higher? 

James BlackHeron said:

Minh said:

Are you suggesting the White House doesn't know what they're doing?? 

Tony Adams said:

And shouldn't his saddle be at least a couple inches higher? 

That is an excellent question. Assuming just for the sake of argument that he existed and that the ideas attributed to him are somewhat accurate, it seems like he mostly liked to walk. There is that one story about him riding a donkey into Jerusalem. I am no bible expert, but isn't that the only story involving transportation where he isn't walking or riding in a boat? 

So, the donkey was a pretty humble critter upon which to ride into town. Therefore, I suggest that if Jesus has only Harleys to choose from, he would choose a small displacement Sportster. 

James BlackHeron said:

WHWJR - Which Harley Would Jesus Ride?

Brendan said:

If you like (older) celebrities on bikes, check out this site every couple of weeks.

I dunno, but I know which one I'm riding.  *honk honk*

James BlackHeron said:

WHWJR - Which Harley Would Jesus Ride?

Brendan said:

Judging by the condition of the pavement I am assuming this staged photo op took place in Chicago.

S.Presley said:

Don't know about the bike...but those are his Moms jeans.

James BlackHeron said:

Minh said:

Matthew Modine from Bicycle For A Day Facebook page:

From Bike Snob NYC

Moving on, yesterday I mentioned Gene Hackman's bicycle "accident" (it's cute when they call getting rammed by a car an "accident"), which prompted a reader to leave the following comment:
Bogusboy said...Is it, perhaps, just barely possible that Gene Hackman is not an accomplished cyclist and was, in fact, riding like a geriatric Fred?

It certainly is eminently possible. However, another reader has forwarded me actual video evidence that Mr. Hackman in fact has crazy mad tight sick bike-handling skillzzz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUaQMCH8WRo&feature=player_embedded

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service