The Chainlink

CDOT has launched a new Facebook page for the next city bike plan at http://www.facebook.com/StreetsForCycling2020 . Their first post:

The purpose of this project is to identify a network of bicycling facilities throughout Chicago that will ensure all Chicagoans, from children riding to school to senior citizens riding to the grocery store, feel safe and comfortable riding their bike on the city's streets.

Your input and involvement is critical to the success of this project. We ask that you share with us your thoughts and ideas on how Chicago can become the most bicycle-friendly city in the U.S.

Over the coming weeks and months, we will be sharing information about activities and meetings regarding the plan as well as ways that you can provide direct feedback on the creation of Chicago's 2020 bicycle network.

Stay tuned and Like their Facebook page to stay informed! Active Trans will also work to keep Chainlinkers in the loop as the planning process moves forward.

- Lee Crandell, Active Trans

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Liked that Facebook page, and Like this post!

I ask that this Facebook page be a secondary source of information regarding this project and that the partners' existing websites be used to provide the same information (ChicagoBikes.org and ActiveTrans.org). 

I added the Facebook page's RSS feed to my Google Reader list, as I do with quite a few businesses who insist on communicating via Facebook. Presumably, the operators of ChicagoBikes.org and ActiveTrans.org can incorporate the RSS feed into their sites if they're finding the page to have "exclusive" content.

-jbn

Steven Vance said:

I ask that this Facebook page be a secondary source of information regarding this project and that the partners' existing websites be used to provide the same information (ChicagoBikes.org and ActiveTrans.org). 

+1! I would further ask that our tax dollars not be used for government Facebook pages at all. 

Steven Vance said:

Wow! So much Facebook distrust.  Dunno, it seems reasonable to post on a large, widely used social network, where folks who may not even be cyclists may stumble into it.  To be fair, only cyclists, and a very small subset of cyclists at that (those into policy and advocacy) may find the info on the smaller sites.  Even posting exclusively on the City of Chicago web site will effectively exclude many readers.

They've now released a Fact Sheet for Streets for Cycling 2020 (links to a one-page PDF).

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service