The Chainlink

Hi all,

I know hashtag campaigns don't have a very good rep, but I have found that tweeting and facebooking things to companies can be somewhat effective. In that vein, I'm sure you've all noticed how many cars park in bike lanes with no fear of enforcement, and I thought it might be good if we could start tweeting pictures of cars in bike lanes to @ChicagoDOT @ChicagosMayor and @Chicago_Police and using the hashtag #enforce940060 (the municipal code about cars in bike lanes). We can subscribe to it and easily retweet eachothers pictures. Maybe we can be annoying enough to get this law enforced? 
Here's my inaugural tweets on the tag 

Views: 3382

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's that it can't be recalled from scratch, like there I am looking at the car, never tweeted, whatamigonna text... Instinct says #mybikelane or #chidouche or #verytinypenis

But empirically speaking this got the most traction ever on the topic with news picking it up even, clearly something about it works.  So #enforce940060 it is!  I've just gotta remember it.

Does a flyer or even better - a magnet - exist that can be given to motorists parked in a PBL that cleverly and concisely explains the situation (safety, legality, etc.) and why they REALLY should not be there? Something small, fits in a pocket, etc. 

Asking for a friend that tends to turn encounters like this into, uhm, less than desirable situations.

Active Transportation Alliance?

Dayamn. Even my friend wouldn't put a sticker on a vehicle but that is the ideal message and size.

The city uses nastier stickers than that for notifying owners of problems.

Not sure how effective they are; my two Torontonian friends who commute about 36km/day by bike when there is less than 3" fresh snow on the ground say they have never seen or heard of these stickers.
Friday during rush hour a car was driving north in the Dearborn bike lane passenger looked like Jesse Jackson? So far I've only seen one cab in the new Clybourn.

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service