The Chainlink

Brooks Offering 100 Free Vegan-Friendly Saddles to Testers

Premium British saddle maker, Brooks, is about to release it's first non-leather vegan-friendly saddle, the Cambium, made of rubber covered with organic cotton.  Besides being not-the-skin-of-dead-cows, Brooks claims it has several advantages to traditional leather: "The Cambium C17 is made from uniquely flexible natural rubber and organic cotton, enhanced by a thin layer of structural textile for added toughness. Unlike the traditional Brooks saddles that require patience before they break in, the vulcanized, waterproof top of the Cambium follows a riders’ movements, is immediately comfortable and maintenance-free." 

For the kickoff in May, they're offering 100 lucky riders worldwide a free one.

If you don't score the new saddle (and, since I've already registered for one, you'd better not beat me to it!) you still get 10% off your next Brooks purchase, in exchange for your name and email address.  Pretty good deal all 'round, I'd say.

Deets here and here.

Views: 582

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

10% off is a great offer.

I will stick with my tried and true saddles, though.

thanks for the heads up!

Sure, rb, no problem.  It looked interesting to me, so I figured someone else here might be as well.

rb said:

thanks for the heads up!

Love the look of that saddle; not so much the functionality of the Brooks site; all that stuff to fill out and it won't submit...

Thanks for the head's up - just entered!

Cool! The site seems to be working now, although it is a bit pokey.

THANK YOU!

You will soon receive an email with a link to validate your email address.
We will start shipping the first test samples at the beginning of May, and deliveries will continue throughout May as the prototypes come out of our workshop.
Should you not be selected for the test, you will hear from us again in June.
The 10% discount will be effective immediately after you have logged in. To log in, click on the LOG IN button on the top left corner of any page of our website under the BROOKS logo. Once you have logged in, the prices displayed on each product page will be already discounted by 10%. To see the full price you need to log out. 

The Brooks Team

Dug--I had trouble submitting, too.  I think the Brooks web site is having problems--right now, it's late evening in London, so I'm thinking try again early tomorrow, when they're back in the office.  I submitted once and got no response, but tried a second time and got the "thank you" screen.  When I checked my email, I got two different activation emails, so I think it actually went through twice.  Check your email to see if they sent you one.

Right now, I'm getting loooong wait times and then errors when I try to click "Catalogue & Shop", so I think Brooks' site is overburdened.  Maybe all our registrations for the free saddle are crashing the server?  ;D

The site is overloaded.

I submitted mine within a minute or so of the email going out.  It took about a minute of seeming like it was locked-up before the "submit" button stopped being grayed-out and I got the success page.  I've heard that this has gotten much worse in the time since. 

Everyone wants a free Brooks saddle. 

OOH! That will be perfect for me as I roll away mile after cruelty-free mile!....

Have you tried this route? It is along the bamboozled, war-crime stolen land, that crosses our various byways and trails that used-to-be the bunny hutches found in between expanses of oak-hickory-flecked prairie.
.. Y'know... By the formerly untainted freshwater inland sea?

Anybody?..
Y'know?!?... Behind the Starbucks!

Now. Will they ship my brand-new, ethical saddle, past hundreds, maybe thousands of potentially perfectly adequate and extremely local saddles, and get product to me ASAP?.. I'd prefer using multi-modal petro-chemical combustion of some form of dead dinosaur(s)?.... Let's call it some sort of fossil fuel?

Otherwise?
No deal.
Because?..
I am trying to think global here.

Oops there goes

another 

rubber tree

plant.

got an email saying that I was selected. still a bit skeptical that this will replace my b17, but cant wait to try it out.

\thanks again for the heads up thunder snow.

Whoohoo! Way To Go, rb

Was hoping they created some ultra-durable substance, not cotton, but we'll see (if any of us get lucky) how well these hold up during this violent Chicago summer. :P 

RSS

© 2008-2016   The Chainlink Community, L.L.C.   Powered by

Disclaimer  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service